can the vibes get any worst ?

jihem

hi all,

i've placed S*z*k* OEM weighted end bars on my clip ons. I'm not sure i like the result: i have not been able to make a decent trip with them yet, but in town they seem to vibrate more as my hands are tickling when they weren't without weighted bar ends.

Can it be that the weight makes in fact things worst ?

merci :)

Guest mtiberio
hi all,

i've placed S*z*k* OEM weighted end bars on my clip ons. I'm not sure i like the result: i have not been able to make a decent trip with them yet, but in town they seem to vibrate more as my hands are tickling when they weren't without weighted bar ends.

Can it be that the weight makes in fact things worst  ?

89293[/snapback]

the weights simply change the harmonic frequency of the bar. they make it better, they may make it worse. unless you do a full finite element analysis, your guessing...

as we say in science, yo uhave determined empirically, that your current solution s*cks...

'as we say in science, you have determined empirically, that your current solution s*cks...

89294[/snapback]

:D:D

Good one, mtiberio

Søren

thanx. altho i'm certain it's all down to the weighted end bars being from S*Z*K* ;)

Guest Steve_W
thanx. altho i'm certain it's all down to the weighted end bars being from S*Z*K* ;)

89306[/snapback]

That could be true. The level and frequency of vibration on a four-cylinder GSX-Rwhatever is very different from vibration on a twin. I don't know whether or not Suzuki uses different bar-end weights on their four-cylinders and twins, however, so I'm just guessing.

Plausible theory, though.

Can it be that the weight makes in fact things worst  ?

89293[/snapback]

I think so.

Here is how I theorize it (completely unproven)

More mass makes the bars shake less, ie. reduce the amplitude of the vibration, but I believe more mass will "hit" your hand with more momentum.

You are probably already putting 10 or 20 lbs of pressure on the bars with your own weight.

Your own weigh will reduce the amplitude alot, but if the bars are heavy the bar's vibration will control you rather than you control the bars vibration.

People who do NOT put weight on the bars(cruisers) will benefit more from the weight reducing the amplitude of the vibration.

People who do put weight on the bar(sporters) reduce the vibration through their bodies weight, and will benefit from less weight reducing the impetus of mass impacting your hands.

Theoretically... :huh2::2c: