Nog challenges himself

Guest Nogbad

Guest Nogbad

In the near future I intend to do the big service myself. My new bike shed goes up in the next 2 weeks and I will be doing the whole thing, fork oil included.

If anyone is interested, I'll put pictures up on photobucket and link to them.

Guest ratchethack

Absolutely superlative, Nog! Now you'll have absolutely no excuse not to service that poor, needy, unlubricated, rusty, and rapidly deteriorating CUSH DRIVE COLLAR that you've been "sweating" for lo these past 12K mi. :grin:

By all means, document your service with photos! I'll be sending the Fork Glop Police 'round for an inspection, those pesky Cush Drive Cops too.... :lol:

Guest Nogbad
Absolutely superlative, Nog!  Now you'll have absolutely no excuse not to service that poor, needy, unlubricated, rusty, and rapidly deteriorating CUSH DRIVE COLLAR that you've been "sweating" for lo these past 12K mi. :grin:

By all means, document your service with photos!  I'll be sending the Fork Glop Police 'round for an inspection, those pesky Cush Drive Cops too.... :lol:

89403[/snapback]

Cush drive? If it ain't in the service schedule it stays in its box till it breaks. Sweat some more o cush......

• 4 weeks later...
In the near future I intend to do the big service myself. My new bike shed goes up in the next 2 weeks and I will be doing the whole thing, fork oil included.

If anyone is interested, I'll put pictures up on photobucket and link to them.

89370[/snapback]

how did it go, do you have a link to any photos?

Guest Nogbad
how did it go, do you have a link to any photos?

91530[/snapback]

Starting soon, been busy with work.

I'd appreciate a well documeted photo piece. Particularly useful to see on of the less anal folks tackle sag & spring adjust as long as you're opening the forks. A front and rear illustrated suspension piece with running commentary from the ratchet and others. Photos of sag measurement, & setting adjust. Spring calc's and replacement for someone of normal weight... Yum. I'll cover beer and grease costs.

:bier: