V11 starter motor KO US DEAD

Guest jim fordham

Guest jim fordham

My 2005 scura R has just eaten its starter motar its only done 1500 miles !!!!! Has anyone else had trouble .

I went to start it, It turned slow then the smoke came out . I phoned the dealer and there going to re seal it and refill it with smoke.(Its the smoke that makes the electrickery flow from the battery once it gets out thats it game over.

Motomecca have them on the shelf £230+vat , are they still fiat 127 , Has anyone had one rebuilt.

ps Was the email about a new tool for the forum a virussssssssssssssssssssss :doh:

My 2005 scura R has just eaten its starter motar its only done 1500 miles !!!!! Has anyone else had trouble .

I went to start it, It turned slow then the smoke came out . I phoned the dealer and there going to re seal it and refill it with smoke.(Its the smoke that makes the electrickery flow from the battery once it gets out thats it game over.

Motomecca have them on the shelf £230+vat , are they still fiat 127 , Has anyone had one rebuilt.

ps Was the email about a new tool for the forum a virussssssssssssssssssssss :doh:

89569[/snapback]

The email for the tool was a virus for the starter motor...

Seriously, the starter motors can be rebuilt, but it's hardly worth the effort unless it's just new brushes or a housing with new magnets. Yours sounds a whole bunch worse. Hopefully you're still under warranty.

Guest jim fordham

Cheers chaps

Its still under wagaty although there are problems getting parts due to system chages as piaagro take over .

Just hope its ready in time for the irish rally

I ve been told that some off the last V11 the magnets come lose and break the inside up.

I believe its basically the same Valeo as Guzzi have been using for years in various models so you would hope they should stock loads.

I keep a spare on the garage shelf just in case anyway!

Guy :helmet:

Guest jim fordham

hi guy

you asked if bikers near romsey are a dealer. I went in there when this all started, more like stopped. They are main dealer and have a Cali and a few brevas in stock . Seem like nice chaps , they said to bear with them as its all new which is fair , couldn't look at mine as there workshop is fully booked for 3 weeks . I shall give them a go when my service is due.

Are you all booked for the irish , me and gerry are going over on thursday night from swansea.

Jim

Cheers for the info Jim- my Dad popped in there the other day to enquire about getting some work done to his (my old) Jackal and they told him that their mechanic used to work for Three Cross and was experienced with Guzzis.

I'm set for Erin- ferry booked and should hopefully be there Thursday tea time.

Not going home after- going straight to Europe for two weeks including Boxmeer rally.

See you in Ireland

regards

Guy :helmet: