2 test rides in the bag!!!!

DeBenGuzzi

I can admit that the cosmetics on a Harley are given extra consideration, chrome, paint, etc, are given extra attention at the factory, and the quality is very good. But surely this is not why you are going to buy one? Other than the full tour 'Glide', which other than it's pitifull power to weight ratio, can still be considered as a touring machine viable compared to the competition in it's catagory. But the rest? Come on man. The sitting position alone is enough to make you think again. Unless one has besided to become a full time poser in town, having your feet forward like that eliminates all of them as long tour machines, the concentrated body weight on one spot [the tailbone] making no sense, the lean back posture causing the body to become a human kite at speeds over 60 mph. And the handling? What are we talking about here when we are talking good handling? Straight line? OK, their good at that as long as you keep the speed down. I've ridden these things alot, and I'm sorry they are frickin' pitiful, they're trucks. There is no argument, none. Anyone who says they can keep up with other stuff is flat making stories. Complete fiction.

These things are purchased strictly for coffee shop/pub credibility in these parts, and suspect most everywhere else in the world.

Ciao, Steve G.

89832[/snapback]

Some of your arguments could be made about guzzi compared to the competition thats not the motivation and actually the bikes I'd love to have are not possible for me to own, a Confederate hell cat or a I'm having a brain fart on the other one but they are only taking orders and they cost 60K, has a high performance something engine that starts with a P a practhet? crap this is going to drive me nuts now.

I can see your point about riding position but look at the street bob b4 you make your point of the riding position, its more like a BMW with its middle pegs. Also it cruises so well and smooth the engine is smooth the tranny is smooth and the suspension is smooth, I hate posers as much as the next guy but I want my street bob with anticrome I want blacked out everything with black cherry paint :P: I'm not buying and clothes with the HD logo's on'm either, with some money they can actually keep up with most things out there, get the stageI-III and it'll do a freaking wheelie(I wouldn't want to try it tho) For the cruising I do (never long distance) its perfect where the guzzi is perfect for the short blasts I like to do around an hour of riding. After that I'll try to find a cheap ulysses for some real back road excitment.

Guest Nogbad

Ben, you should get your H-D if you want it. I guess my next bike is likely to be some sort of H-D too. I really like my Buell, but that doesn't mean I don't like my V11.

Why won't I buy a new Guzzi? Well, I just think the V11 I already have is as good a Guzzi as there is. The Breva is too soft and sanitised and the Griso isn't that different from the V11 sport anyway. Furthermore, a new Guzzi would lose me loads more money than a new H-D. The other problem is I seem to have a "thing" developing for American motorcycles........

My 2000 green V11 is obviously a good model to hang on to as well.

I've no time for bike bigots, be they Guzzi riders, H-D riders, BMW riders whatever..

It looks like nobody is getting a Norton. City Bike says they just folded. 

Truly sad,

Lex

89868[/snapback]

Yah, after I posted that I read some letter from Kenny Dreer saying that the investors had lost faith.

It sounds like he is not completely giving up.

If I won the lotto, I would buy in, but move production to China, but then all the bike bigots might be turned off...I wonder if I would still buy one if it was made in China :huh2:

Maybe I could move production to Guantanamo bay and keep it American made, but with Cheap Intelligent Arab labor.

Yah, after I posted that I read some letter from Kenny Dreer saying that the investors had lost faith.

It sounds like he is not completely giving up.

If I won the lotto, I would buy in, but move production to China, but then all the bike bigots might be turned off...I wonder if I would still buy one if it was made in China :huh2:

Maybe I could move production to Guantanamo bay and keep it American made, but with Cheap Intelligent Arab labor.

89872[/snapback]

I Really like the norton BUT they are appealing to the wrong crowd with that price point anyone that can afford it won't buy it and everyone that wants it can't afford it, its like a stanley steamer. :doh:

I Really like the norton BUT they are appealing to the wrong crowd with that price point anyone that can afford it won't buy it and everyone that wants it can't afford it, its like a stanley steamer.  :doh:

89874[/snapback]

It would be tough to choose it over a top of the line Ducati Retro with Ohlins

Or a road legal MGS01

It would be tough to choose it over a top of the line Ducati Retro with Ohlins

Or a road legal MGS01

89878[/snapback]

My point exactly, the only guzzi that lights my fire these days (besides the beautiful V11) is the MGS01, that bike is a stunner, the ducati is very uncomfortable, thats more of a ride it to the coffee shop and show off than the harleys are. im my book.

I've no time for bike bigots, be they Guzzi riders, H-D riders, BMW riders whatever..

89857[/snapback]

Golly! :huh:

I think I'm going to join Ratchethack on the Global Warming thread. I actually agree with him on that one, I just don't have 7 hrs of typing time to offer him a reason why.

Ciao, Steve G.