how many miles can she GO!!

Guest bluezrx26

Guest bluezrx26

Hi fellow guzziests

i would like to know how many miles/kms can a guzzi go? what was the most you have ever heard of?

for example I've heard of beemers making some :vomit: sick 350000kms on a stock engine, since I know the guzzi is the italian beemer i'm just woundering.

:nl::bike:

Hi fellow guzziests

i would like to know how many miles/kms can a guzzi go? what was the most you have ever heard of?

for example I've heard of beemers making some  :vomit: sick 350000kms on a stock engine, since I know the guzzi is the italian beemer i'm just woundering.

:nl:  :bike:

90366[/snapback]

I've got 153,000 miles on my 72 Eldo and it's just getting broken in

I'll try to see if I can find the link to it... but there was a post on WildGuzzi in the last month about a Convert that had (no joke) over 1,000,000 miles on it

I've heard from my local dealer that its not unusual for an older Guzzi to have over 200k miles with no problems. I see no reason why the newer Guzzis cant get that kind of mileage. Once the bike has the gremlins from the factory worked out, its practically bulletproof :2c:

Ken Hand, of Texas, has several Guzzis in his garage with 200,000+ miles.

His newest with those kinda miles is a 1998 California EV.

He's sorta like a collector. I guess a 200k miles Guzzi doesn't have much monetary value. He doesn't sell them. He just parks them when he gets another.

Oh, and he rides 2-up and pulls a trailer behind the EV for many of his miles.

He also frequents the Wild Guzzi board as "Texas Turnip".

Guest bluezrx26

WOW thanks guys for all your responses...they go more then I thought they went.

that's what im looking for

Hi fellow guzziests

for example I've heard of beemers making some  :vomit: sick 350000kms on a stock engine, since I know the guzzi is the italian beemer i'm just woundering.

:nl:  :bike:

90366[/snapback]

which model beemers are we talking about here? think the new style oilheads can make it that far????? I'm curious for real I really like the 1200GS and for a third bike in 5-10 I hands down want an enduro :food:

Guest golden goose

Well, I have an '02 LeMans that is getting the same treatment I am still giving an '85 BMW K100. I ride em like I stole em. But I am the only bloke I know that has a 55 gallon drum of Spectro dyno juice in the garage, my third, thank you very much. 10w-40.

Absolutely the wrong oil, and the wrong weight, mind you. I can prove it easily. The Beemer has only about 350k miles on it. And it runs like it won't quit. Uses almost two teaspoons of oil between changes, and is so smooth you just can't believe it. My buddy, who lives down the road 50 miles, and has known me, and this bike for over the 21 years I have owned it, still marvels at this "impossible to kill" bike.

Two things this bike has had that my now 13 year old T-Bird has also had, long warmups (95% of all engine wear occurs during the first 5 minutes of every duty cycle), and fresh oil (from the drum) every 2-3k miles. Seems to be working on everything I have tried it on, so why quit now?

Question: What is the least expensive moving part you can replace in any engine?

Answer: lio ehT

Karl Wirth has over 500K miles, I believe. I have 170K on my old G5 and that's with iron-lined cylinders, not this new-fangled nikisil.

And get off my lawn!

which model beemers are we talking about here? think the new style oilheads can make it that far????? I'm curious for real I really like the 1200GS and for a third bike in 5-10 I hands down want an enduro  :food:

90415[/snapback]

Airheads are common above 200,000 miles.

Ciao, Steve G.