Lemans Windsheild Extension

Guest R Edge

Guest R Edge

This past week I was able to log 1,000 miles on my lemans. Lots of interstate 75-85 mph. I got used to the helmet buffeting and wished there was a mod to push up the air flow up a few inches. At one of my stops in Enfield Connecticut, I saw an Aprilla "land yatch" scooter with a windshild lip on and thought it was wat I needed to help with the airflow problem. The owner told me about a company in Calif. called Laminar Lip. They make custom windshield extensions. I went to the sight http://www.laminarlip.com and was disapointed not seeing the V11 Leamans there. I sent of an email sunday and had a reply monday that they have just added the v11 to the product line. He did not have a picture yet but will post one as soon as I get mine mounted and take some digitals. I ordered the "LIP" in smoked grey vs. clear. he has both available now and they go for $75.00 US. Mine shipped Monday UPS ground so I hope to have it this weekend. I'll post pictures as soon as it comes in and give you my 2 cents on the install and change in airflow. If you go to the http://www.laminarlip.com site you'll get the idea and theroy. the lemans version uses existing screws an not the velcro method to attach.

Guest dkgross

sigh..not much to look at. But, I'll reserve judgement until I see your photos. I really need something like this.

Perhaps it's time to bug the CeeBailys people again to create an all in one windshield for the LeMans.

Guest R Edge

I agree... depending on the application they can be pretty un-sightly but I'm hoping witht he screw install, smoked color and shape of the stock windshield this will compliment the look... my hope anyway. I am buying sight unseen but if it fixes some of the buffeting it wil be worth the $$.

;)

post-5-1052320414_thumb.jpg

Guest JohnInNH

Sometimes less is better.

With the bars being so forward I need the air pressure to help hold up my body. If the fairing was lower my helmet would be in clean air and I would gain some air pressure to hold up my upper body.

If I get pull back/risers adding a pocket of still air or over my helmet may work. But for now less fairing is better IMHO

I'm 6" and my head is not in real bad air now, but it is cleaner up higher. If I sit up real high or stand part way up the wind is nice, clean, smooth and quiet.

Putting a RT height fairing would require a full upright riding position.

Having a shorter "Summer" fairing was my solution on my R100RS

Guest dkgross

:thumbsup:

Well..I put my 'lip' on today and went for a 100 mile spin. It REALLY works wonderfuly! I'm only 5'8", and it gives me a perfect little bubble of wind protection. It's nice not having my head bouncing around all over the place.

granted..it's not the most attractive thing stuck on the front of the bike, but, until CeeBaily or someone else makes a one piece unit with a flip on it, it'll be just fine. I bought the 'smoke' colored one.