Italian Supermodel

Guzzirider

...I basically bought the HD to slow my riding down... I have ended up riding the HD beyond its limits and was more likely to have a crash by running out of ground clearance or brakes....

Damn! I was rather counting on a similar plan myself.

KB :sun:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! I was rather counting on a similar plan myself.

KB :sun:

91159[/snapback]

yeah same here, but I am thinking I'm too young for one. I want one real bad but can't afford more than 2 bikes no way no how. SO harley isn't going anywhere and they'll be making this street bob for years. so I say maybe the 999, maybe a used MV????? are the 750's really as slow as some say or is it just slower than a liter and more like a 600? cause 600 esq would be fine.

The Smart sure is a lovely bike to put in your living room on a plinth to admire during the winter. Don't try riding one unless you are 1. A trained contortionist or 2. Have very good insurance and access to an osteopath and the world's best orthopaedic surgeons.

91005[/snapback]

For all the U.S. V11 guzzisti who want to check out and ride the new "Ducati Sport Classics" check out THIS LINK for a participating dealer near you. I'll be in Coopersburg PA on Friday or Saturday.

I went to a Ducati day at my local dealer and found it was a crock I got there at quater past 11 and the whole day was already booked except for the small monsters and I think the regular multistrada, I got some compliments on the goose tho, so I went to their sister location but they didn't have any Ducati's up and running because they were all shipped to that store that doesn't even carry the Ducati line up, its just thier brand new store is all so that was kinda sad. upside I saw someone blacklisted from any future ducati rides, apparently the SR4s will wheelie pretty easy, who knew? :huh2::lol:

like that 999, but for the money if I can get cheap insurance a RSV or a MV will do just a nice. :grin:

I can't blieve the 910 Brutale is only 14K I was thinking it'd be more. :2c:

I was quite ill myself, and very aware of my own mortality.

Now that I am fit and well, I have ended up riding the HD beyond its limits and was more likely to have a crash by running out of ground clearance or brakes so decided last weekend it had to go.

Guy  :helmet:

90868[/snapback]

:thumbsup: For the bike and have always good time with it.It really is Italian beauty.

Nevertheless I have to tell you that we have to be aware of our mortality in the

purpose of being allways logical and carefull when riding.

Racing(competition) and (or) high speed belongs to he track only.

A fellow friend's rescent terrible accident ,refreshed that importance to me (thoguh I never forgotten it and allways have it as a rule)

Ride consistent and smooth.

:thumbsup:

The S4RS has arrived at the dealer and is being prepped today for delivery to me on Monday.

Only problem is that the Termi race kit is on back order and I will have to wait until first service to get it fitted. Arse!

Guy :helmet:

She has arrived- beautiful in red.

All I need to do now is get rid of those standard pipes and the ugly cat. Maybe a few weeks before the Termis arrive.

Just about to take here for her first ride and set up the front and rear preload.

Guy :race:

Monster_003.jpg

Monster_001.jpg

Just done 60 odd miles- obviously taking it fairly easy as I am running the motor in and scrubbing in the tyres.

But WOW!! Such sweet steering and awesome brakes! Real eyeball poppers those Brembos- could not believe how quick you can stop with them. For normal braking you just need to brush the lever with 2 fingers- you don't even have to pull.

Rear brake is useless- the lever hangs so low below your foot its just silly.

The bike likes to lean- I have not even been trying and I have only got a tiny bit of chicken strips left on the rear.

I am staying to 6k revs which is still plenty quick enough to break the law- I think it redlines just over 10k so god knows how fast it will go when I am able to thrash it.

Need to sit down and have a cup of tea now.

Guy :race:

Get the Quat-D. Looks marvelous on the Duc!

duc.jpg

93376[/snapback]

It does look good but I have already paid for the Termis!

Thanks for the comments guys- I have already got it wet and dirty this evening so I don't have to worry about keeping it clean now!

Guest MotoMessiah

Coincidentally a new Paul Smart model went past me today. I heard it first. Glorious sound. Somewhat different that the usual Duc model. But sweet sounding nonetheless. Great purchase! :food: