Hard Panniers

wambiker

Hi all, I was reading a thread about fitting hard panniers on a v11. I thought I would add my fittings to help anyone looking for inspiration. I tried soft panniers but have never really got on with them so I bought a set of Krauser panniers of ebay, they where fairly early and had been fitted to a jap twin shock bike. I have already removed the rear plasic guard and no. plate assembly and replaced them with a stainless bracket and led tailight. This allowed me to also incorporate a plate with mountings attached to the existing 3 bolt mounting at the back of the subframe.

Firstly I created a sub-frame that mounts to this bracket and the back of both exhaust hanger mounts, and cleared all the tailpiece plastics. The following pics will hopefully make it clear.

pan1.jpg pan3.jpgpan2.jpg

The Krauser subframes could now be added to the mountings I have made and an additional bar acrosss the rear to reduce flap (terrible thing flapping, all to evident in senior officers promoted well beyond their capabilities in my job :P ).

pan4.jpgpan5.jpg

Cheers Gary :bier: