Have I gone mad?

Guest Mattress

Guest Mattress

Hi-

I've finally lost it completely and bought a new 2004 Café Sport without any previous Guzzi experience. I didn't even test ride it which was silly but I got such a great break on the price I couldn't pass it up.

I think the V11s are beautiful and I've always thought Moto Guzzi's were cool bikes. My Uncle rode one off into a ravine in Northern Michigan in the early 70s and walked away with a chipped tooth. I don't want to replicate that but I did want to get back to riding again. I haven't rode in 5 years so I'll take it easy.

I think the Café will be a good fit. As my nickname suggests, I'm a pretty mellow person. It should have more power than I'll ever need.

Keep it sticky side down!

Welcome!  Guzzi's are cool bikes.  You haven't gone mad, just crazy.

92377[/snapback]

Welcome and great choice for a bike! As jrt says not mad, just crazy which is of course is normal and smart in the Guzzi world. They are great machines and lotta fun to ride...you'll see!

waspp

Guest Eric123
Hi-

I've finally lost it completely and bought a new 2004 Café Sport without any previous Guzzi experience.  I didn't even test ride it which was silly but I got such a great break on the price I couldn't pass it up.

I think the V11s are beautiful and I've always thought Moto Guzzi's were cool bikes.  My Uncle rode one off into a ravine in Northern Michigan in the early 70s and walked away with a chipped tooth.  I don't want to replicate that but I did want to get back to riding again.  I haven't rode in 5 years so I'll take it easy.

I think the Café will be a good fit.  As my nickname suggests, I'm a pretty mellow person.  It should have more power than I'll ever need.

Keep it sticky side down!

92364[/snapback]

I just got a 2002 LeMans, and I didn't test ride it either. Even if it is a complete turd, it still is a beautiful bike to just sit and look at.

Guest Mattress
:mg: Well I'm off to Atlanta tomorrow to pick up the cafe sport and I plan to ride it back to Chicago. That will be a 700 mile trip. I can't wait to see it in person!