Guzzicatirider

belfastguzzi

Well G.rider – getting all sweaty and excited about the new bike? 'Spose you're wearing your

98672228_01G.jpg

right now, in anticipation?

Have jolly fun

Not sure if those tops would go round my leg let alone my torso!!

Yes I am excited actually- its been 6 years since I sold my last Duke and I am looking forward to having some horsepower to play with.

I have owned four cyclinder bikes with similar power outputs but never a twin with such a strong motor and chassis so I am sure its going to be a lot of fun.

It is going to get used though- I have already ordered a Ventura sport luggage rack which will probably get the Ducatisti who only ride their babies on sunny Sundays spitting into their capuccinos! I will ride it down to the V Twin rally in August- are you going?

I will try and get as much running in as possible done in the evnings next week before I go on holiday so I hope the weather impoves a bit.

Can't imagine running in to be too much of a bind as it makes 80bhp at 5k revs.

My Guzzi now needs some TLC after a lot of recent use, especially cosmetically with paint now flaking off the altenator and valve covers. I have done about 6000 miles in the last 2 months, including a track day and I think she needs some cosseting and a rest. I will shortly need my 3rd rear tyre since January! It was looking a bit like Martin's bike so I thought I better clean it yesterday.

When it last broke down in Germany I swore that evening over a few beers that I would never use it for touring again as something always breaks. I said I would strip off all the road gear, tune the bollocks out of it and make it a track day bike but I have mellowed since then and we are in love again.

Assen is on telly in a mo so I better put the kettle on.

Regards

Guy :helmet:

P.S. How is your gearbox, David?

P.S. How is your gearbox, David?

93131[/snapback]

I'm about to find out. I've had absolutely no time so haven't touched it. I was going to let it sit 'til I can fix it, but I'm taking a few hours out now to run over and see a bit of that new Bush Roadrace. I'll take the V.11. Could be second gear gear all the way down the motorway!

So I'll set the video for Assen and be off...