Tire Lessons from This Weekend

Greg Field

FWIW I carry the "sticky rope" type plugs and a neat tire filler hose/gauge in a bag under my seat, and a mountain bike tire pump in my tank bag.  I haven't had to use the patch kit yet, but I use the filler gauge thing all the time.  I doubt I could get the mountain bike pump onto the tire valves without it.  It was $10 at a local auto parts store and it's come in real handy a few times when riding buddies needed air and couldn't get a gas station chuck onto their tire valves.  I highly recommend this thing:

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?...pid=2348&cid=90

93516[/snapback]

:2c: I have been carrying twisted sticky rope plugs in combo with neoprene plugs together with CO2 x4 cartridges and a compact manual tyre pump/CO2 applicator, all neatly contained in a cloth pouch that sits under the tail section plus a plug spike. All very neat and useful. Managed to get a MuZ back on the road with just one plug and a CO2 cartridge, would have been better with 2x Co2 cartridges, but only had 1 on me at the time. That was before now I carry 4 cartridges and haven't needed them since.