Now it is broken clutch

kecup

Does it have the p.i. (hydraulic lifter) engine? If not, no worries about having the 1-plate clutch.

95025[/snapback]

I don't know about the hydraulic lifter bit though, Greg.

What's the easiest way to find out?

It is an injection model.

Tonti frame 5 speed tranny.

Clutch is cable operated.

Nige. :unsure:

Thanks for advice - I have adjusted the cable for some freeplay (had almost none) and it did not help- I will do more and also check the clutch lever and report back.

Pavel

Ranting and railing against the fates will serve no purpose so make your decision based o whether you like the bike, (In which case you carry out the repairs.) or you decide it isn't worth it and turn it over at a loss or try to wreck it out and recoup your loss. Either way you can chalk it up to a learning experience.

94967[/snapback]

The warranty left aside my point was how this can happen - a bike that has 5K miles can get its clutch broken, but not as a reason of a bad design everyone knows about.

The guzzi certainly has its attraction to me - just painfully learning the rules of the trade.

Richard, the Cali clutch problems are completely different to the Scura ones.

Yes, I think there shoukld be a recall on the Scura clutches, but i don't think it will happen. The difference with teh Cali clutches is that there HAS been a recall. The CAli clutches, unlike the Scura clutches, don't grenade the flywheel, the problem is a fiction material one, the bronze stuff they used wears far too quickly, whether this was poor choice of material or simply a duff batchfrom their supplier who knows but wear out they do.

94937[/snapback]

Well if, as I suspect it is now, it is a single plater in the Cali I have, at least it won't go super nova on me! ^_^

Thanks for that info, Pete! :thumbsup:

Nige. B)

I don't know about the hydraulic lifter bit though, Greg.

What's the easiest way to find out?

It is an injection model.

Tonti frame 5 speed tranny.

Clutch is cable operated.

Nige.  :unsure:

95026[/snapback]

Nige, whip a rocker cover off. If it's a Hydro model there won't be any tappet adjuster lock-nuts on the rockers.

If it is a hydro model it should say 'Idrauliche' or 'PI on it somewhere though.

Pete

Nige, whip a rocker cover off. If it's a Hydro model there won't be any tappet adjuster lock-nuts on the rockers.

If it is a hydro model it should say 'Idrauliche' or 'PI on it somewhere though.

Pete

95039[/snapback]

Thanks a lot, Pete!

That is the information I needed! :thumbsup:

I'm off to bed shortly.

I'll take a skeet tomorrow and report back, just to add a small contribution to the forum database. ;)

Nige. B)

Never in the field of home mechanicing, have I ever been so relieved to see an adjustable tappet! :bier:

:bier::bier:

Yahay! :thumbsup:

BUT!

Jeez! I have never seen emulsification like it!!! :o

The rocker arms and tappets had a 1mm thick coating on them!! :vomit:

Mind you, the bike had less than 1,700 miles on it when I bought it, and had been stood for some time.

I only take rides over 70 miles or so, so I suppose this is down to the short runs the previous owner must have given it.

Oil & filter change moves right up the priority list! :luigi:

Thanks for the input, folks!

Nige. :thing:B)