Buying a 2004 V11 Cafe Sport

Guest JPD

I am looking at buying a 2004 V11 Cafe Sport. Its new at a dealer who is no longer a MG dealer. The sales people don't seem to know much about it and my nearest dealer is about 200 miles away, so I am hoping that this is the place to find out more about it. What problems do these bike have and were there any recalls? How is the performance. I love the looks and sound bike and can do a lot of the work my self (I own a Land Rover so I'm used to fixing things) Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!! <_<

I am looking at buying a 2004 V11 Cafe Sport. Its new at a dealer who is no longer a MG dealer. The sales people don't seem to know much about it and my nearest dealer is about 200 miles away, so I am hoping that this is the place to find out more about it. What problems do these bike have and were there any recalls? How is the performance. I love the looks and sound bike and can do a lot of the work my self (I own a Land Rover so I'm used to fixing things) Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!! <_>

No issues or recalls. Great bike. Buy it . . . quick. recent discussion

Grab it, Its a great bike, I dont think it has any of the problems earlier V!!s have, Mine has run great since i got it (one or two tiny niggles). 10,000 miles and the only thing to break is the speedo cable at 6000 miles. :mg::thumbsup:

Gary

I have a 2004 V11 Ballabio, with 1100 miles on it. No problems so far and it runs great.

If you have experience with cars/trucks working on the V11 should be a breeze. They are still pretty simple bikes.

Tony C

Go for it.

I picked up my new 2004 Cafe Sport on June 23 (this year) and have rolled up a little over 3,000 miles. It's great fun on canyon roads and tolerable for moderate touring.

I rode it to a BMW rally in western Colorado last weekend. It drew more attention than any other bike on the rally grounds.* The gold Ohlins are Pied Piper stuff to motorcyclists. I don't remember how many people shuffled over, transfixed by the forks, then looked at the gas tank and said, "Oh, that's a Moto Guzzi?"

At the end of a 350+ mile ride with a Hayabusa and a Triumph, it elicited this comment: "That thing really pulls out of the corners." It does.

*More attention than anything else, that is, until two rich kids (that's "rich old farts" in BMWdom) showed up on new BMW HP2s still wearing dealer temporary tags. While the HP2s were two of 1000+ BMWs at the rally, the Cafe Sport was one of three Guzzis. I figure the HP2s got attention because people are still trying to figure out how a bike that is good for almost nothing can cost so much.

Chris Lawson

Guest glennm

:bike: mate,go for it,i found a brand new v11 ballabio 2004 two months ago and my lady and i love it the cafe is proberly a bit better with the suspention,when we took it up in mountians here in brisbane australia we both enjoyed the smooth ride.its a wonderfull beast of a bike.so mate grab it and have some fun.

Go for it.

I picked up my new 2004 Cafe Sport on June 23 (this year) and have rolled up a little over 3,000 miles. It's great fun on canyon roads and tolerable for moderate touring.

I rode it to a BMW rally in western Colorado last weekend. It drew more attention than any other bike on the rally grounds.* The gold Ohlins are Pied Piper stuff to motorcyclists. I don't remember how many people shuffled over, transfixed by the forks, then looked at the gas tank and said, "Oh, that's a Moto Guzzi?"

At the end of a 350+ mile ride with a Hayabusa and a Triumph, it elicited this comment: "That thing really pulls out of the corners." It does.

*More attention than anything else, that is, until two rich kids (that's "rich old farts" in BMWdom) showed up on new BMW HP2s still wearing dealer temporary tags. While the HP2s were two of 1000+ BMWs at the rally, the Cafe Sport was one of three Guzzis. I figure the HP2s got attention because people are still trying to figure out how a bike that is good for almost nothing can cost so much.

Chris Lawson