The Griso

thgil

Sounds like you've got a dud! I'd take it back and complain bitterly to whoever you got it from. I personally would never of sent out a bike with a known oil light problem even if it did have pressure! What sort of confidence is that going to inspire in a new owner?

When you say it' eveloped a leak a few inches before the back wheel where exactly? On the CARC joint with the swingarm? If so it may be that the seal on the output shaft of the gearbox has had it or the rubber boot on the front of the CARC unit has ripped or come loose, (At least they're the most obvious suspects.) If it's coming from the back of the gearbox somewhere I'd double check the oil level in the box. It seems some dealers think that the filler hole is also a level plug, it isn't! The gearbox takes 500ml of oil and with this amount in the level with the bike upright is a little below the hole. If the box has been filled up to the level of the hole, especially if this was done with the bike on the sidestand it is grossly over filled and will be asking for leaks and clucth oiling problems.

Pete

Ok pete i will take a photo and post it this afternoon.I have also rang the dealer and launched a savage bollocking to them. I also recon the gear box is very noisey so it goes in for its 500 mile service in sept so all will be revealed then i hope.

Ah! Gearbox noise! There has just been a service bulletin posted up on the service site stating that some bikes have noisy gearboxes and it has been identified that this is because of some embuggerance with the input shaft on the gearbox. The details of what frame numbers are affected is included in an attatched PDF file but when I try and open it, guess what? A little service notice pops up and tells me that the file is irreparably broken :moon::bbblll::homer: (Smashes head on keyboard!)

I'm off to the beach for the weekend tomorrow but post the pics up and I'll try and see if i can work out where the gribblies are coming from when I get back.

Oh, and also can I post up pics direct to this site? I changed the tyre on the G today and found that i could, with a bit of sodding about, use my V11 paddock stand to lift it's arse up to get the wheel out. I took some pics and can try and load 'em up here if I can?

Pete

Oh, and also can I post up pics direct to this site? I changed the tyre on the G today and found that i could, with a bit of sodding about, use my V11 paddock stand to lift it's arse up to get the wheel out. I took some pics and can try and load 'em up here if I can?

Pete

Down at the bottom of the "reply" form is a box for file attachments. You need to load the pictures to your own computer (fold the prints and slip them in the disc drive...) and browse for them on there. Click the "add attachment" button and then watch the progress bar crawl over the screen. I would limit the file size to maybe 100Kb - should be plenty big enough for the minutest detail.

mike

Down at the bottom of the "reply" form is a box for file attachments. You need to load the pictures to your own computer (fold the prints and slip them in the disc drive...) and browse for them on there. Click the "add attachment" button and then watch the progress bar crawl over the screen. I would limit the file size to maybe 100Kb - should be plenty big enough for the minutest detail.

mike

gorsh mike, youre such a cheeky bastard. ^_^

Hi DeBen,Did you say that you know where to get a rearhugger for the griso?

They don't currently make any I could find. I did look around. You could see about getting a V11's hugger and slightly modify it, that might be the best possible fit without having one fabricated. :huh2:

I just wanted to see the bike with the new can. :grin: