Bike lift

grossohc

Makro in the UK are selling a bike lift in there sale starting on the 16th( the ones that lift the bike from the frame rails or sump) for £39.99, does ayone on here use this type of lift :huh2: and would you reccomend them. The spec is, lifts 400kg, 900x440x150 and the lifting range is 130mm to 422mm. Seems like a good deal and just what the wife needs for her birthday :D .

Gary

Makro in the UK are selling a bike lift in there sale starting on the 16th( the ones that lift the bike from the frame rails or sump) for £39.99, does ayone on here use this type of lift :huh2: and would you reccomend them. The spec is, lifts 400kg, 900x440x150 and the lifting range is 130mm to 422mm. Seems like a good deal and just what the wife needs for her birthday :D .

Gary

Any pics?? I use a hydraulic lift on the bike with the support of a wooden surface under the sump and works perfect. I have removed the front forks a couple of times.

Any pics?? I use a hydraulic lift on the bike with the support of a wooden surface under the sump and works perfect. I have removed the front forks a couple of times.

No pics sorry, I want something like this for front fork removal, do you tie down the bike when it is in the stand. :thumbsup::mg:

Gary

No pics sorry, I want something like this for front fork removal, do you tie down the bike when it is in the stand. :thumbsup::mg:

Gary

Yes I tie the bike down to the lifter , left and right ,which altogether lifts the bike. I don't have any pics of that but I can photograph the lifter.if...

Bought one today just the same as the ones that are 70-80 quid

Just went up and bought one cost me £178 :homer: (made the stupid mistake of taking the wife and kids :bbblll: ) Macguzzi have you used yours yet!!. I think you need to make something to balance the bike on the stand, I tried it with the wife holding the bike straight put the lift under the sump and it lifted the front wheel only. Obviously needs some fine tuning and some wood for a straight lift (wife was getting fed up and corrie is on). Oh well have to phone the mate. :drink:

Gary

Yes you have to piss around a little, wood between the lifters getting the balance right is the key, don't put it too far forward or it only lifts front, and get some good tie downs, Tonti frame are a breeze tried it on one of mine great also lifts my Bultaco's with ease