Only Firing on one Cylinder

Guest mr.tony.kidd@gmail.com

Guest mr.tony.kidd@gmail.com

Hi all,

My Scura has just started to fire on one Cylinder only. It seemed to kick in every now and then on the ride home but for the most part the RHS Cylinder is not firing. I changed the spark plugs but made no improvement.

Im wondering if it would be an electric problem and if so does anyone know where I would start?

Thanks much.

Tony

Hi all,

My Scura has just started to fire on one Cylinder only. It seemed to kick in every now and then on the ride home but for the most part the RHS Cylinder is not firing. I changed the spark plugs but made no improvement.

Im wondering if it would be an electric problem and if so does anyone know where I would start?

Thanks much.

Tony

Does the plug smell of fuel or is it visibly wet ?

If it is then your Injector etc is ok, if not then the fault is in this area.(I'm not sure beyond this point other than checking the electrical connections, its not a good idea to mess with high pressure fuel !!)

If it is wet then you need to check the coils (on my Lemans they are under the tank at the front above the oil cooler)you could try swapping the Plug lead and and other cables from left to right to see if the fault moves with the coil (ie the LHS should now not work but the RHS does)

Good luck

Dave

That'd be my suggestion as well, swap coil leads and see if it follows. Then check connections-I think someone else has just recently had this problem and it was traced back to a loose connector. Pretty common with these things to have a bad connection somewhere, but at least it's easy to fix.

If nothing else, you'll learn the fine art of troubleshooting on this forum!

Guest geno929

I had the same prob. about two hours after I lifted the tank to change the air filter. Found out it was a loose coil wire. Check that out. Guzzi problems are usually simple.

You may also want to check the rubber intake sleeve that is attached between your throttle body & the head. If its loose or cracked & worn you will have that sort of a problem. The other suggestions of the loose coil wire is probably more likely.