Silly new toy

jrt

Now I officially have too many bikes. I recently bought an EX250 for my mom (yes, my mom) but it may be awhile before I can get it down to Texas for her. Soooo, I've been riding it around for a couple days. If anyone is headed that way from the midwest and wants to cart a bike down, I'll help pay for gas.

Anyhow, these little bikes are amazing for their size. It's a dog below about 7K rpm, but dang it opens up and moves from there to it's redline of 13,000 rpm. I'm real impressed with it. It handles well, has good brakes, and I've already gotten it up to 100mph. This is a 250 fer chrissakes. For a starter bike, less than 3000USD new and maybe half that used, this is a good bike. This thing would be a ton of fun on a racetrack, I'd bet.

The one I have is plain red, but here is a gratuitous EX250 picture :lol::lol: :

AMY_Powerpuff_bike.jpg

yup i agree !! I bought one for Ingrid a few years ago. the thing has great build quality, starts every time and gets almost 70mpg..and you get to wring the crap out of the motor and still keep the speeds sensible for the street. suspensions super soggy though

Intersting here they are called GPX250.s been on the market for 15+years with very few updates. We have a tiered licensing system so everyone spends the first 12 months on a 250 so thier secound hand price is probally overinflated compared to the US. Many motocylist here however has started out on one of these so they are well respected athough they start to do wierd stuff when the vacum/polution stuff starts to leak that will be a long while off yet though.

Buttercup Rocks!

As does the Ninja 650R

EX650A6F_40099_B.jpg

Yup those are both nice bikes-if the new 650 rides anything like the old 500, I'd want another one. Good buy! Ditto on the suspension, but with a little attention (sound familiar?)...

My mom doesn't bake no mo'. She does a lot of kayaking, camping and trail maintenance for Natl. parks, though.

Agree about the suspension, but I'm going to leave it softly sprung. She's no racer and Texas roads are bad enough to benefit from a soft bike.

helicopter- no that's not my mom. She's more like a stAgnes1.jpg

Oh- I meant saint-like. Not sheep-like. Damn, Belfast woulda been all over that one.