what's the best aftermarket v11 seat?

Guest parvo

Guest Britcheflee

I live in CA - had the seat changed out to one by Rich Maund. Very happy with quality of work, speed of turn around and final comfort and ride:

Here is a pic:

post-1974-1158677154_thumb.jpg

post-1974-1158677172_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Roadslayer

attn. parvo. Upon buying my then new '02 Lemans it was determined the seat would need to be made more touring friendly. Not so much that the seat is uncomfortable, rather my 'butt' is over a half century old. And I like the look of the stock seat. So,how to do this without spending $500 to $1000US? The 'little lady' rides,among other things a BMW K1200RS. She had an 'AirHawk' and swore by it. So she ordered me one for about $150. I believe it's the 'pillion' model for girlies with tiny butts. Fit my solo seat perfectly. Bought the sheepskin to throw over it, which comes with velcro strips to hold it in place. It adds about 1/2" in height and gives a slight 'disconnected' feeling at first so aggressive sport riding may not be it's cup of tea. I use it only for long distance riding. That is, anything more then 3 hours. And speaking of more than 3 hours. The 'little lady' and I just got back from riding our dirtbikes from Jamul, California to Cabo San Lucas and back. We spent 8 hours a day for 24 days and 2660 miles of dirt and pavement on said bikes. We all know how comfortable dirtbike seats are. I've done short 1000 mile tours on my LeMans and two Mexico dirtbike tours to Baja and Copper Canyon. When people ask me what that funny thing is I tell them its extended my riding life by 20 years. Hope this helps. "Cheers" Roadslayer :bike: