Breva Sport???

Murray

Here Obiously the product of photo chump and could loose the centre stand but a much better effort than the "spy" photo's in a previous thread.

I did a lot of riding these past 4 days on my V11 and I felt really good about my bike- it was pulling really hard, handling well and the braking was spot on. I have been down to the V Twin Rally in Fordingbridge and covered a mixture of motorways and back roads over the weekend in the company of 2 other V11s and have loved every minute of it.

I was sitting in a sunny pub garden yesterday afternoon looking at our bikes in the car park, and thought about all these computer generated mock ups of new Guzzis that appear every 5 minutes on forums.

I can't see the point of them really- the Breva 1100 is good at what it does, as is the Griso but these new "sports" bikes look nowhere as good as the V11 does and I am sure the motor will be strangled due to the fat BMW driving Eurocrats snd therefore won't feel anywhere as nice as a V11.

Unless Guzzi make a real sports bike with a good chassis, fast motor and great looks then all this farting about with souped up "sports Brevas" is a waste of time.

Guy :helmet:

P.S. Can you tell I still love my V11?

I have the older 1100 sport, I feel they have never replaced it. I have ridden the Griso and the breva whilst the Griso turns nicely the motor is missing a certian urge that the older bikes had you also seem to be doing your best impression of a windsock at speeds north of 120k. Biggest problem with the V11 is the comromised seating postion which affects the handling, you can't buy a new one and its got the same performance as my older bike. I would like to upgrade my bike not fork out a heap of money to move sideways otherwise I should just keep the machine I have. Guzzi have certianly improved some area's that needed working on like the gearbox. However the rest of the industry has moved on and bikes that were its direct compeditors 10 years ago are signifcantly ahead. The Dual Spark two valve Ducati range jumps to mind I would like to buy my next bike off Guzzi but they have to offer something I want.

I have the older 1100 sport, I feel they have never replaced it. I have ridden the Griso and the breva whilst the Griso turns nicely the motor is missing a certian urge that the older bikes had you also seem to be doing your best impression of a windsock at speeds north of 120k. Biggest problem with the V11 is the comromised seating postion which affects the handling, you can't buy a new one and its got the same performance as my older bike. I would like to upgrade my bike not fork out a heap of money to move sideways otherwise I should just keep the machine I have. Guzzi have certianly improved some area's that needed working on like the gearbox. However the rest of the industry has moved on and bikes that were its direct compeditors 10 years ago are signifcantly ahead. The Dual Spark two valve Ducati range jumps to mind I would like to buy my next bike off Guzzi but they have to offer something I want.

Ducati has a big black eye in my book, Cost of ownership i.e. higher insurance rates and insane maintenance but I know Guzzi parts aren't cheap and if there was a real dealer near by the repairs wouldn't be any cheaper but its just so easy to work on'em who needs dealers anyway? Ducati on the other hand not so much I'd bring'er to a dealer.

like for instance Heard on the radio a guy trying to install new heads in a 99 beemer 5 series had the heads off and trying to put on the new ones but saw that he didn't know what VANOS meant, I laughed and thought to myself (better call a tow truck buddy :lol: ) I would wind up in the same boat trying to do a duck I imagine. :huh2: or any I4 japper

As for the goose instead of something new I say get ohlins, new bars and good tires to address as much of the concerns as you can. Or a second or third or some of the ppl on here a 20th bike :wacko:

Well, I must say that everyone is trying very hard to put some decent Moto Guzzi on the road.

At this moment is the concurrence very hard and before the factory makes a big mistake and make some product which is difficult to sale (like Centauro), this factory shall try to make some proto and take a look around, and keep his hear wide open and listen the comments of the people.

I wish the designers of Moto Guzzi, anyway good luck! :thumbsup: