HELP

Guest johndo

Guest johndo

Can anybody please help,considering purchasinga v11but, due to a dissability i require to convert the bike to left hand controls and linked brakes.First can someone give me bolt centres for the rear master cylnder to allow me to find one with a suitable piston size ie,Honda Blackbird.Also i was intending to use a early v50 remote front master cylnder to allow me to go from cable to hydrolic for the other front brake,does someone have any knowlege of the size of the unit and where you could mount it on the v11.

All help greatly appreciated or does anybody own a bike in the north of scotland i can ponder over.

with all the false neutrals on a standard bike I bet you could just mount the brake lever on the left hand side and not have too much of a problem, if you mean linked front/rear I think that would be really hard but possible. but in all honestly I never use my rear brakes the fronts are awesome. Someone else will have to fill you in further. :mg:

Guest Nogbad

There are no cable brakes on the V11. I take it you want to operate both front and rear brakes from the pedal without needing to use the hand lever on the right.

You should be able to use the components from a linked Guzzi, which will give you pedal only linked operation of the rear and one front disk. This is actually a fair bit of stopping power. It might be possible to use a left thumb control for the other front disk. Components for thumb actuation of rear brakes are available, I think some racers use them and you might be able to adapt this to control the other front disk.

It may be worth contacting NABD if you have not done so already because they can help with advice and possibly a grant to get this sort of conversion done.

I am not in Scotland but there is a branch of the Moto Guzzi Club GB up there. Call Dave Breeze on 0131 452 8539 and he may be able to tell you their next meeting or put you in touch with a V11 owner.

If you can't get anything sorted I am happy to email you photos of the relevant parts of my bike.

Good luck

Guy

Guest johndo

its bike specific details i need will give him a phone

thanks

what i what to do is split brakes and have same as old guzzi system one front and the rear to the foot pedal.the single disk at the disc would be operated by cable to a remote m/cylnder. as no space to fit two m/c on the handle bar comfortably.

Hi John,I've built a few trikes for disabled guys,but no bikes.

I think the best thing to do would be to plunder an old Guz for everything required.You should be able to pick up whatever manifolds,pipes,etc you need and be able to adapt them to the V11 easy enough.Try Pete at Reboot Guzzi spares for bits.

Another consideration-if I mind right,the construction and use regs require two separate systems,but they need not be operated by different limbs.Maybe two footbrake pedals,like two upside down L's if you follow,working two master cylinders.The main one,for front and rear closest to the footrest,the other for the additional front brake further away.If they are linked to the master cylinders by conventional adjuster bars,it should be simple enough to have them set at comfortable heights and coming on as required.

What is the nature of your limitations,and what percentage of strength/range of movement do you have?

Hi John

I live in Aberdeen, and using any excuse for a hurl :bike: could come up so you can take measurements etc. But not for about 3 weeks due to work. my bike has the higher bars so there is maybe room for another master cylinder :huh2:

Gary