One More Thing

Bill Hagan

Guest Mattress

Many V11 owners in fact don't even seem to know that there's any maintenance to do on a Guzzi beyond changing oil and adjusting valves (if they even acknowledge this much) -- let alone know enough to refer to a factory service schedule or service manual.

Well I do know enough to want a Factory Service Manual and Parts Book. I was tantalized with posts of free manuals somewhere out in the "ether-net". But with all my clicking and searching I never found more than an owners manual which I already have. :huh2:

So I even posted an add on the Wanted list but haven't had any calls.

I saw on Harpers what I think I'm looking for, but was surprised by the price. I'd like free or used or low $$ because I've blown out my bank account with my bella guzzi............

If someone knows really where to go, please let me know. (and not Hell either)

Been to hell - they don't have service manuals either. Something about not making it easy for the locals.

try here:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/v11manuals/

cheers,

Rj

I've tried this site before. Even created a Yahoo identity and joined the group. It looks as if the manuals are there, but when you try to download them it doesn't work.

Probably the best thing is to mail order Guzziology or whatever.

and when you are there, click "files", need a yahoo account for that but that's free.

then get tree.gif, that shows where the downloaded files should go. Then download

v11root

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/v11man.../files/v11root/

and all you find in there. unzip the zipfiles with the option that it recreates the directory stucture. In the end you have a complete cd.

I saw on Harpers what I think I'm looking for, but was surprised by the price. I'd like free or used or low $$ because I've blown out my bank account with my bella guzzi............

Will look something up , I know I had themin English somewhere, I only find the Italian-French version now.

Will look something up , I know I had themin English somewhere, I only find the Italian-French version now.

Any chance you could mail out a CD?

and when you are there, click "files", need a yahoo account for that but that's free.

then get tree.gif, that shows where the downloaded files should go. Then download

v11root

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/v11man.../files/v11root/

and all you find in there. unzip the zipfiles with the option that it recreates the directory stucture. In the end you have a complete cd.

Its totally dysfunctional, it does not work!!! All you can do is go to the "official" MG site from that download. My guess is that it was somehow linked to some sort of dealer access only, and MG dis-abled it :bbblll: Paul, if you have downloaded it, PLEASE put it up on that awsome site of yours :P:

The Yahoo site is fully functional...except I could not download the V11.htm file :huh2:

Anyway here is the code for that file:

<html>
<head>

<title>v11</title>

</head>

<script>
//<!--
  var gsCSSPath = "./v11/css/";
  var gsNN4Path = "./v11/css/";
  var gsFramePath;

if(document.all)
  gsFramePath = gsCSSPath;
  else
  gsFramePath = gsNN4Path;

document.writeln('<frameset rows="33,*" frameborder="no" framespacing=0>');
  document.write('   <frame name="nav" src="' + gsFramePath + 'v11_nav.htm" scrolling="no" marginheight=0 marginwidth=0>');
  document.writeln('   <frameset cols="200,*" frameborder="yes" framespacing=2>');
  document.write('	  <frame name="contents" src="' + gsFramePath + 'v11_bmark.htm" scrolling="auto">');
  document.write('	  <frame name="main" src="' + gsFramePath + 'v11_1.htm">');
  document.write('   </frameset>');
  document.writeln('</frameset>');
//-->
</script>
</html>

Just copy and paste the above into a plain text file and name it v11.htm

You will also need to download css1.zip, css2.zip, img1.zip, img2.zip, v11cd.zip

Unzip them and arrange them in the older of folders recommended on the website.

I think they say to create a folder named V11cd

Put the contents of v11cd.zip in there.

create a folder named gb and put it in V11cd folder

create a folder named v11 and put it in gb folder

put v11.htm file in gb folder

put css and img folders in v11folder

put contents of css zip files in css folder

put contents of img zip files in zip folder

launch v11.htm file with internet exploder (other browsers on my mac don't seem to work)

treeuw4.gif

It has been a few years since I tried it and recall I ran into problems, I hope the instructions help

As mentioned you'll need a Yahoo account.

No Guzzi account needed.

Sorry, I would share it as a CD, but I am not sure about the copywrite, and don't want to end up getting sued.

Well here is a link that works concerning the PARTS catalogue for the V11

http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v11/gb/v11/css/index_ric.htm

Open each pdf. page seperatelly and save it , That's all.

Ooopss , I forgot and here is a MOTO GUZZI V 11 FULL WORKSHOP MANUAL on CD

on ebay , quite cheap. Dunno if it's first or second series , but he seems to sell other Guzzi manuals as well so one might just ask about it.

Its totally dysfunctional, it does not work!!! All you can do is go to the "official" MG site from that download. My guess is that it was somehow linked to some sort of dealer access only, and MG dis-abled it :bbblll: Paul, if you have downloaded it, PLEASE put it up on that awsome site of yours :P:

well if you have a windows pc, it should work, you clicked on the red guzzi logo, that brings you to the factory website. But if you have the english flag below on the screen, you can click that, and find your way.