New 1200S - close but . . .

jbuzbee

R1150R-SOHO-800x600.jpg

My R1150R "in the wild". South Howard "SoHo" in Tampa. I really can't see trading her for any of the comparable raodsters: the beatuful Moto Guzzi 1200S, the new BMW R1200R, BMW 1200S, HD 1200R, Yamaha FZ1, Beull Uly.

I'm a designer - so I'm itching to customize her . . . what will become of her . . .

I was already to buy a Guzzi V11 whan I went to my local Guzzi - BMW - Triumph dealer. The Guzzi truck was there with all the models. I got to ride a beautiful Rosa Corsa: the guy leading the demo ride, in front to my left, decided to take a right - right in front of me while his left turn signal was on! It was all I could do not to hit him. I had to lay that beautiful bike down!!!!

Well, needless to say, that expereience and all the bad press on this site! led me to BMW. Really - what a wonderful bike. I'm still longing for a MG! I like the direction MG is going with the new bikes. Will we see a 4 valve motor with 120+ HP in the near future? I thnik MG has an opurtunity to beat BMW. Have you guys heard about the Final Drive failures with the new 1200s? Apparently a design flaw with the speedo pick-up. The MG FD seems to be better designed. So for now I'm going to keep my 1150 and customize her. And whatch MG to see whats going to emerge??!!

Choa,

love MG - jb

Don't hate me because I ride BMW. I still long for MG . . .

jb

Ummm, don't know how to tell you this. but have you been to a BMW site? yeah I think you should go check some out. Then you come back here and compare. I think BMW's get wayyyyyyy more bad press, they are just a MUCH larger company. MUCH larger. like comparing BMW cars to saabs. Hard to do. :huh2:

good luck with your BMW, lets hope she doesn't spew her oil. :thumbsup:

MG has its warranty issues(as of late) but at least they don't try and blame you for everything.

Ummm, don't know how to tell you this. but have you been to a BMW site? yeah I think you should go check some out. Then you come back here and compare. I think BMW's get wayyyyyyy more bad press, they are just a MUCH larger company. MUCH larger. like comparing BMW cars to saabs. Hard to do. :huh2:

good luck with your BMW, lets hope she doesn't spew her oil. :thumbsup:

MG has its warranty issues(as of late) but at least they don't try and blame you for everything.

Yeah, they'd much rather just ignore your phone calls and blow off your dealer. :)

I really have no idea what you guys are talking about...

In nearly 20 years of riding and restoring Guzzis, dealer support has never been fantastic.

Quality issues at the factory come and go. The importer is sometimes good, sometimes not...

Like Ben said; "Its a small company".

:stupid:

(no offence, Zenben- it's the only arrow there is)

Guzzi support now is possibly as good as it has ever been. :P

That warranty order that I've talked about, that was placed literally a year ago, for a few washers, bearings and a seal...

Well, it arrived yesterday :sun::rolleyes::whistle::lol:

Of course the main item required wasn't there (rear axle spacer). :bbblll::grin::huh2: etc

:thumbsup:

That warranty order that I've talked about, that was placed literally a year ago, for a few washers, bearings and a seal...

Well, it arrived yesterday

Of course the main item required wasn't there (rear axle spacer).

:thumbsup:

you are not helping my argument :bbblll:

:ninja:

At least Guzzi has a warranty. AND a long one. Many bikes only have a year or limited mileage ones. :huh2:

I like aprilia's warranty that looks promising.... oh wait. :lol:

anyone have any experience with Ducati warranty? :luigi:

I believe it's mostly a dealer problem , than a company problem (at least nowdays).

It's about how much is a dealer concerned to do the job right , order the parts fast,ect.ect. and the rest is only bull they say to the customers and blame the company. Because they want to wait 'till their list is full for parts , in order to complete a big list and then start it. That's what's happening 99% of the times.

It NEVER took me more than a couple of weeks(tops) to have any part I wanted for my 'old' Sporti and I always have ordered them from thousand miles away, whether that was Italy , Germany, or U.K.

So let's get serious.

I believe it's mostly a dealer problem , than a company problem (at least nowdays).

...So let's get serious.

That IS serious. Wherever the problem lies – dealer or factory – if warranty parts, that a buyer is entitled to, take a year to arrive, or never arrive at all (as I am now resigned to) it is not an inconsequential matter.

It's not that parts can't be obtained somehow, by buying them somewhere else. That is the real-life solution. But it is not what we deserve and not what we are due. The issue remains in relation to warranty rights and service from the dealer that the bike was puchased from, particularly when other dealers will no longer deal with warranty matters relating to bikes that were not purchased from them.

I always have ordered them from thousand miles away,

So let's get serious.

And on the other hand, it is not serious, if we take the attitude that we don't buy a bike in order to get a warranty.

We buy a bike to use it, maintain it as best as possible and fix it / modify it according to resources available.

GuzziLand :luigi::thumbsup::race: