water in petrol / tank

belfastguzzi

Methyl Hydrate [wood alcohol] can be found at any Home Depot, in the paint department. $3.95 a gallon.

It is used around these parts to help get cars/trucks with questionable engine/tune status through our local emission testing. It's burning byproduct is basically water vapour.

Ciao, Steve G.

Methyl Hydrate [wood alcohol] can be found at any Home Depot, in the paint department. $3.95 a gallon.

It is used around these parts to help get cars/trucks with questionable engine/tune status through our local emission testing. It's burning byproduct is basically water vapour.

Ciao, Steve G.

I use this Kleen-flo Supreme Gas Line Anti-Freeze (Winter products)

It says it is Methyl hydrate free , though ,and preserves engine from vapor lock in the summer as well as prevent frozen gas lines, it also absorbs water in the gas tank.

Alex, I thought you're coming from Greece?

Hubert

Which means?... the hot weather and so on, well that sometime is just a myth. There are freezing temps all the years.Sometimes snow in March as well. Well, not so long lasting as in northen places.

Yes, Alex, that's what I meant. Greece, always warm and sunny, white houses, old fishermen and for sure no winter additives in the fuel tanks. ;)

Hubert

Well that exists in the islands and in spring-summer.

The picture in big cities is quite different in all seasons. I'd rather not describe ... e020.gif lol...Well in winter gets cold as well (more or less)