Electrical Accessories for '02 V11.What can it Handle?

mznyc

Hi Guys,

I want to run in order of importance,

Aux lights ala PIAA's

Heated grips,

Heated vest,

Can I?

What have you guys been able to run safely without maxing electr :rasta: ical system?

02 Scura,with relays replaced.

Thanks,

Michael

Gary speaks the truth...

F.Y.I.

I use heated grips and vest on a regular basis with no problems. My experiance has been that light added to the "drain" will kill the battery. A option I tried is LED driving lights, it worked. The LED driving lights help to be seen but not with seeing.

:mg: = weak electrical systems... It's a Guzzi thing

I know some folks using these with success on dual-sport thumpers that see some rough terrain and don't have much juice to spare.

MR11 HID

SCMR16 HID

These are bona-fide HID's with built-in ballasts. The first only draws 13 watts, the second draws 30. Being HID, they put out tons of light for the amount of power consumed.

The only bugaboo is that they are polarity-sensitive, so if you hook them up backwards, you'll blow the ballast immediately, which is true for any HID.

The black anodized ones would probably look okay (unobtrusive) on a V11. They're not very big. Not very expensive, either, especially to be HID.

Look at me, planning accessories for a bike I don't even have yet! :lol:

Hi Guys,

I would be riding back roads,no stop'n'go city type traffic.so the revs will be above 3-4k most of the time.I also probably won't be riding below freezing,so I won't have the run the thermals very high,just to take the chill out of early mornings,after sunset situations.If I went the HID route you think I'll be OK?

Thanks,

Michael :helmet: