Potential new guzzi owner and have some lemans/sport questions...

Guest zrx1200rdude

Guest zrx1200rdude

Hello all, I am currently in the process of (hopefully) selling my bike, and have my heart set on a v11 sport...They seem to be somewhat hard to come across used, and I found a clean local LeMans...The fairing is not really my cup of tea, and I was curious if this is something that could easily be sold/swapped over to have the sport naked fairing...Has anybody else done this? Thanks in advance!

Yes taking off the fairing is a pretty easy thing to do.. I think you may need a different headlight though others here have recently done this project & will probably give you all the info you need. In any case dont worry, the naked look is easy & cheap to do. :thumbsup:

Hello all, I am currently in the process of (hopefully) selling my bike, and have my heart set on a v11 sport...They seem to be somewhat hard to come across used, and I found a clean local LeMans...The fairing is not really my cup of tea, and I was curious if this is something that could easily be sold/swapped over to have the sport naked fairing...Has anybody else done this? Thanks in advance!

It is much more simple to remove a fairing (4 bolts?) from a LeMans (if that is your cup of tea), than to add a fairing to a sport. Tell us a bit about the LeMans you are considering. Year, mileage, condition, bling? :drink:

There's a thread in the "how to" forum with lots of good info for you:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7325

I'm sure you would have no problem selling the fairing if you were sure that you'd never use it. I believe Greg Field was looking for one?

A buddy of mine is in the market for a ZRX1200 but he wants to stay local. How do you like yours? Is it much different from the ZRX11?

Guest zrx1200rdude

Thanks for all the replys..Tom the 1200 is a much better way to go, they come standard with about 15 hp and a lot more grunt down low...I am afraid I am gonna regret selling my rex, it's been the best bike I've ever had and as reliable as an anvil..I merely have an ignition advancer (fabricated by a member on the zrxoa.org forum, best forum around hands down), D&D full exhaust system, took off the square light/fairing and put on a zr7 headlight...I dyno'd it about 2 years ago and it put out just over 130hp with 85 ft/lbs across 2/3 of the rpm range...Oh well, I think I'm falling for a guzzi... :huh2::wub:

post-3008-1160700397_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the replys..Tom the 1200 is a much better way to go, they come standard with about 15 hp and a lot more grunt down low...I am afraid I am gonna regret selling my rex, it's been the best bike I've ever had and as reliable as an anvil..I merely have an ignition advancer (fabricated by a member on the zrxoa.org forum, best forum around hands down), D&D full exhaust system, took off the square light/fairing and put on a zr7 headlight...I dyno'd it about 2 years ago and it put out just over 130hp with 85 ft/lbs across 2/3 of the rpm range...Oh well, I think I'm falling for a guzzi... :huh2::wub:

yeah you don't need that much HP anyway, it'll just get you in trouble. You'll find the guzzi an even smoother classy ride I'm sure.