Clocks

Richard

I'm headed out to the shop. Making a mount for a radio on my Cal II.

I'm sure that are a variety of radios and a variety of ways that they may be mounted.

Could I suggest that you open a new thread and ask for advice before doing this?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gary Cheek

I'm sure that are a variety of radios and a variety of ways that they may be mounted.

Could I suggest that you open a new thread and ask for advice before doing this?

226596385XewDQn_th.jpg

226596525TGCPsd_th.jpg

226596582xzPOin_th.jpg

Actually I am using a Yaesu VX7R. Chosen for it's three ham band transmit, 5 transmit watt power plus receiving pretty much the entire RF spectrum from 500 KHZ to 999 MHZ. AM/ FM and all the short wave ,police weather etc. It has dual simultaneous receivers allowing you to listen to music , news etc on one receiver while an incoming transmission on the other band will over-ride. It is also waterproof to 3 ft for thirty minutes and 100% MIL SPEC. The other bikes are already set up for it and there is little else on the market that would work as well.It also has an excellent DIGITAL CLOCK , thermometer, barometer, altimeter and you can set the clocks to the Atomic clock by listening to the broadcasts on the shortwave bands! So it is actually suitable for this thread. The radio has been bullet proof for the 5 years it has been used. Any thing else would probably require tape to mount it anyhow.Thanks for the suggestions but we are all set, Sorry to keep you awake. <_<

226596385XewDQn_th.jpg

226596525TGCPsd_th.jpg

226596582xzPOin_th.jpg

Actually I am using a Yaesu VX7R. Chosen for it's three ham band transmit, 5 transmit watt power plus receiving pretty much the entire RF spectrum from 500 KHZ to 999 MHZ. AM/ FM and all the short wave ,police weather etc. It has dual simultaneous receivers allowing you to listen to music , news etc on one receiver while an incoming transmission on the other band will over-ride. It is also waterproof to 3 ft for thirty minutes and 100% MIL SPEC. The other bikes are already set up for it and there is little else on the market that would work as well.It also has an excellent DIGITAL CLOCK , thermometer, barometer, altimeter and you can set the clocks to the Atomic clock by listening to the broadcasts on the shortwave bands! So it is actually suitable for this thread. The radio has been bullet proof for the 5 years it has been used. Any thing else would probably require tape to mount it anyhow.Thanks for the suggestion but we are all set, Sorry to keep you awake. <_>

So, how do you listen to it when you are riding?

Ciao, Steve

Guest Gary Cheek

So, how do you listen to it when you are riding?

Ciao, Steve

By way of the two speakers mounted in the helmet, along with a microphone. It is used nostly as a two way radio but comes in handy for traffic and weather reports too. With 400 memories it is very easy to operate on the move.

By way of the two speakers mounted in the helmet, along with a microphone. It is used nostly as a two way radio but comes in handy for traffic and weather reports too. With 400 memories it is very easy to operate on the move.

so what do you do abought these weather reports when your out riding? :race:

Guest Gary Cheek

so what do you do abought these weather reports when your out riding? :race:

Get the needed gear out and ready at the next stop, perhaps in the event of a tornado warning , flooding or in the case of an ice storm or snow etc, divert the course a bit , turn in early or tough it out.

• 1 month later...

Ya know how them 45 degree American V-twins make that "potato potato" sound? Well, a Buell blast pulled up next to me at a stop light yesterday and then scooted off when the light turned. I swear the sound it made was "plop plop plop"...