And finally, I ride again...

Garsdad

Bought my Tenni sight-unseen off craig's list in May, rode her home from Sacramento. Instant love. I downed ibuprofin like candy, and was able to get home. Well, we put a few miles on together, then things started to happen.

Not with her, but with my hand and arm. I couldn't hold the throttle open anymore. I use a throttle rocker, but I couldn't feel enough to use the brake after about 15 minutes. I decided that was not safe, so I scheduled the surgery. I had a carpal tunnel release done and an ulnar nerve transposition. Since I couldn't ride, I thought I'd use the time to replace the shift pawl spring.

Today, I was finally able to give her a go again. I didn't go too far, about 45 minutes worth, but I could still feel my hand at the end, could use my brake, and had just a little discomfort. I will be adding thicker grips, but other than that she is great. Shifts like butter with that pepto-pink stuff in her gearbox (really, other than my Honda CBX I have never owned a bike with this smooth a shift action) and handles like a dancer.

I still have a short list of tweeks, like a few changes to the suspension to better deal with my 220 pounds, my Pete Roper Signature sloppage tray is on the way, and she pings a bit so a TB sync and TPS check is in order, but it felt so good to ride again.

I don't have to be jealous of you rat bastards any more. See you on the road.

Ryan

Congratulations! Its good to hear that theres hope for those of us with work/life related injuries to our hands & wrists. Usually when I get off my bike I have to be very careful removing my gloves because of the pain in my thumbs. Unfortunately for you now winter is coming on soon :bbblll: Oh well, at least when spring does come you'll be well healed & ready for long enjoyable riding.

Congratulations! Its good to hear that theres hope for those of us with work/life related injuries to our hands & wrists. Usually when I get off my bike I have to be very careful removing my gloves because of the pain in my thumbs

Why is than happening in your thumbs? Did you hve an injury before.?

Congrats for your ride Ryan :thumbsup: