Roper Plates and Oil Level

Guest ratchethack

Small notches is the way to go.... I cut them with a small triangular file. Very easy and very quick.....

I'm too lazy. I just grind one of the flats off with the bench grinder. It loads the wheel a tiny bit but its so little material it doen't matter and you can dress it up in a trice. :grin:

Pete

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Question - if oil level was too high and being blown - where would you first expect to see evidence, if any?)

Thanks again Pete (and others) for this.

Gio

I haven't seen any answers to your question above. Hopefully, Pete or another tech guru will reply. :grin:

Small notches is the way to go.... I cut them with a small triangular file. Very easy and very quick.....

I drilled holes in my plastic dipstick.

You need an absorbant rag to get the oil out of holes before dipping, but the result is very positive if the oil reaches the level of the hole(s)

I drilled holes in my plastic dipstick.

You need an absorbant rag to get the oil out of holes before dipping, but the result is very positive if the oil reaches the level of the hole(s)

A friend of mine has a similar solution on his bike. He'd blow the oil out of the holes..... Kinda messy, but effective!

I haven't seen any answers to your question above. Hopefully, Pete or another tech guru will reply. :grin:

I don't know if US bikes use something more sophisticated to prevent hydrocarbon leakage into the atmosphere but on Oz/Euro bikes the breather vents into the airbox. and any hydrocarbons should be re-bresthed through the engine for *destruction*. If a LOT of oil is expelled there is a drian fro the airbox that gous to a bracket on the back of the gearbox, (I think??) and any excess oil should drain out of this onto the ground when the bike is parked or all ver the rear tyre if moving. this is a long established Guzzi *feature* ask any Mk I LeMans owner :grin::bbblll:

Pete

Thanks Pete - yes Canadian spec bikes are fitted with the massive charcoal cylinders and associated mile (sorry 1.6km) of tubing - all removed at delivery in the interest of space saving ...

So far no sign of any excess oil and she's runny peachy!

Gio