1100 Sport / 1000 Daytona Mirror Replacement

Karl Von

Hi All

I just picked up a 1100 Sport with a Daytona 1000 front fairing and need some replacement mirrors. For those of you that have the old sports & daytonas, what are you using for mirrios. I would like to find something that I would not have to redrill the fairing. I herd somewhere that there was a Nice Honda fairing mirror that bolted on direct with out having to redrill the fairing. Anyone know what it might be ?

Thanks

Hi All

I just picked up a 1100 Sport with a Daytona 1000 front fairing and need some replacement mirrors. For those of you that have the old sports & daytonas, what are you using for mirrios. I would like to find something that I would not have to redrill the fairing. I herd somewhere that there was a Nice Honda fairing mirror that bolted on direct with out having to redrill the fairing. Anyone know what it might be ?

Thanks

I use the originals only , so I can't sugest any aftermarket,well ,actully I don't know if there are any euivealents for other marques.

.Is it so hard to find the originals.?

Teo Lamers stocks them as well as moto mecca, They run about 80 dollars each. I have herd that they are not the best quality and are hard to keep tight. Have you had any problems with the stock ones ?

Hi Karl,

I don't know if this will help or not but Buell uses the exact same mirrors as the V11 Lemans, and they also have an extended version. Both are much less expensive than buying from Guzzi. I don't know if they could be mounted on a Daytona fairing but it might be worth looking into. Here's the Buell info:

Buell part numbers for extended mirrors to fit V11 LeMans=

N0161-2A8 (left side)

N0162-2A8 (right side)

About $20 each.

Buell part number for standard V11 LeMans mirrors=

N0161-02A8 (left side)

N0162-02A8 (right side)

About $25 each.

Note the extra zero in the part number for the standard LM mirrors. That's the differentiator between the short and long versions.

Hi All

Thanks

Karl,

I have mounted the mirrors of the Honda cbr-600, I think they are the same as the Honda SP-1

The sight is good, and they are more stabile as the standard. See picture!

Best regards,

Frans

IMG_0631__Medium_.jpg

Karl,

I have mounted the mirrors of the Honda cbr-600, I think they are the same as the Honda SP-1

The sight is good, and they are more stabile as the standard. See picture!

Best regards,

Frans

Thanks for the info

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info

If you are just looking for a set of mirrors that don't droop like the stock ones and only have a little better view, then the mirrors from the V11 Le Mans fit. If you remove the mirrors from the supports, file a little (and I mean a little) from the arm, then they fit into the original 1100 supports and look a damn sight better.

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

The left hand one is the new mirror

Image4.jpg

Old arm

Image2.jpg

Le Mans mirror fitted into 1100 housing

If you are just looking for a set of mirrors that don't droop like the stock ones and only have a little better view, then the mirrors from the V11 Le Mans fit. If you remove the mirrors from the supports, file a little (and I mean a little) from the arm, then they fit into the original 1100 supports and look a damn sight better.

One of the best tips I've seen in years! Thanks Richard.