Exhaust system

macguzzi

The V11 Sport swingarm seems like a very robust piece of hardware. Can you actually brake hard enough with the rear brake for the stock brake mount to affect the swingarm?

The "full floating" caliper mount is not intended to prevent swingarm flex, it's supposed to stop rear brake lockup that's caused by suspension movement. Full floating rear brakes became popular on dirt bikes back in the 70's for the same reason.

Why would anyone throw bags over a V11?

...if you wanted to go for a little ride. However, I prefer hard bags.

98909228-M.jpg

This photo was taken on my recent trip from Virginia to Utah. 4500 miles in two weeks.

These are "sport-touring" bikes, aren't they?

Guest Mattress

...if you wanted to go for a little ride. However, I prefer hard bags.

98909228-M.jpg

This photo was taken on my recent trip from Virginia to Utah. 4500 miles in two weeks.

These are "sport-touring" bikes, aren't they?

Is that a Simpson helmet staring at us? I just bought a Roof Diversion. I like it. A little more restricted vision than my ancient AGV, but that is probably partly due to it meeting ECE chin impact standard. Its nice to have a helmet that doesnt stink or leave disintegrated liner in your hair.

The V11 Sport swingarm seems like a very robust piece of hardware. Can you actually brake hard enough with the rear brake for the stock brake mount to affect the swingarm?

As already mentioned, it's not meant for this. The idea behind it is the same that stands behind the torque support on the ride side of the rear wheel.

The connecting rod must be connected to the frame, not to the swing arm. If you connect it to the swing arm it will help to avoid bending of this, but will not have any effect on driveability (so for bling only).

If you connect it to the frame the whole thing will become moving and unless you invest in some really advanced machining, bushing, sealing, greasing and so on, it will result in a very early wear out of the involved parts.

Even worse than that is the effect on the brake this mod will have if not done very accurate. The slightest play between anchor and sleeve will push back the brake pads so that the needed stroke of the brake lever will be noticeable negatively affected. I've seen this on a Laverda. It was so bad that the first actuation of the lever after some time always went straight into nothing. As if there was air in the snakes.

It just looks nice, I don't think it's an improvement in the end.

Hubert

Is that a Simpson helmet staring at us? I just bought a Roof Diversion. I like it. A little more restricted vision than my ancient AGV, but that is probably partly due to it meeting ECE chin impact standard. Its nice to have a helmet that doesnt stink or leave disintegrated liner in your hair.

It's an Arai Renegade that I've had for about five years.

the carbon hugger is kinda cool, too...

I'm showing my newb-ness here but can someone tell me what a hugger is?

Also....are there other exhaust systems out there like this one? The idea of less bling is appealing to me. Any speculation as to how sexy/loud this would sound?

hmmm.....I think I might go German!

Alan

Also....are there other exhaust systems out there like this one? The idea of less bling is appealing to me. Any speculation as to how sexy/loud this would sound?

Alan

As mentioned, the Quat-D exhaust is the one. Try a search in Tech Topics and maybe 24/7 for more info, or ask again here...

I don't think that hugger, which partially covers the top area of the rear tyre, is a lot of use. It's just (perhaps)cosmetically better that the original plastic part.

I would prefer one that covers right down to the swingarm level.

Alan

rear mud guard.

tightly covers the rear wheel.