New Gearboxes

Richard

Does anyone have access to a Griso/Breva/Norge? How do their ratios compare to the 1100i Sport and do they have the same or similar mounting points, please?

Just going for a little wishful thinking :luigi:

I would like to see someone put the new single side swingarm & rear drive from the Griso/Breva on a v11. Does anyone know if this is possible or not worth the effort? I dont know how it would work on the road but I think it would look good on film :pic: If its not too difficult to do I'll be waiting for the first few salvage Breva/Griso's to come up for sale.

Would it be possible for someone to post some photos of the appropriate area of the Griso ilk bike with a couple of measurements (width of frame at swinging arm mount, distance between bell housing joint and swinging arm mount etc), please?

As for the ratios, its easy to look those up, but driving it, it feels pretty much like the V11.

However, thats the least worrying point.

I can bet you it won't fit, it is shorter and off set differently to the V11.

Apart from that, it is a nice box, mechanically. It shifts fine and with small movements, but it is cluncky and, when everything is said and done, not as nice to use as the V11S. There is more play (maybe in the shaft, i don't know) and double cluncks, from the box and or shaft and or clutch.

No big issues here, but the box on the V11 gives me as good shifts, less back-lash and no cluncks.

IOW unless the new box is more reliable (time will tell) there is no good reasons to want to shift (pun intended)!

There are surely more worthwhile things you can do with your time

Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear - I'm looking at fitting this to my 1100i Sport, not my V11. I know I can fit a V11 'box to it with little problems, however, I'm looking at my options.

well the mounting point at the back is wide and different placed, maybe so high the it interfears with the spine. look at a box here at the bottom of the picture.

DSC06091.JPG

First, that workshop looks far too clean..... :P:luigi:

Second, that looks like it could be a bit of an arse, but I think I could get it to fit using a welding torch, universal adjuster (big hammer) and sheer determination. Could be fun! Now all I need is to find someone with a gearbox out (for whatever reason :huh2: ) and have a play to see if it could be done.

Is it just the perspective or are the mounting points for the bell housing in different places?