Schematics update

callison

Thanks Gord and Carl!

The change in yellow really helps visibility!

Regarding the 1999 V11 Sport gif:

The left font turn signal color change is amusing. I am pretty sure they can be reversed to match. I went out to check, but I had switched to Buell so the color is different.

I suspect the red/black lines from the coils should join where they cross :huh2:

Keep up the great work.

I don't know what I would do without that diagram :bier:

Here is also a corrected 1100i Sport Diagram , I have corected the output of the ECU going to diagnosis.

Have burned them last year along with the cables of my diagnostic unit and build other ones and that's how they should be(where on the bike at first place).

Section50 blue goes to 15 , black oes to 16

Thanks to the input of Gord Seifert, the V11 Sport schematics have had errors corrected. Thanks Gord!

http://guzzitech.com/guzzi007/sportissimo.html

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzi007/sportissimo.html

??? There are NO changes to the turn signal. For the 1999 V11 Sport, the high beam indicator didn't have a connection. Some connection labels on the handlebar connectors were corrected and the ECU/Tach wire color changed. I don't know which schematic you're looking at Dave, but the date for the previous schematic was 20 October 2005. I have added the red/black connector dot however and I'll get that update out there pretty soon.

Here is also a corrected 1100i Sport Diagram , I have corrected the output of the ECU going to diagnosis.

Have burned them last year along with the cables of my diagnostic unit and build other ones and that's how they should be(where on the bike at first place).

Section 50 blue goes to 15 , black goes to 16

This is kind of the same thing. Alex is referring to a diagram dated 9 January 2004. The current diagram is 20 October 2005. Plus, Alex has a 1998 Corsa, a model to which I've never had a diagram to create a schematic for. There are obviously some differences. There may even be differences between European and USA models all down through the Sport 1000/carbi/efi/Corsa models - excepting Corsa's in the USA because we not receive any of the 200 Corsa's built.

Guys. If you find an error, email me with a description and I'll fix it. It does no one any good if only one person annotates his personal copy. It is even less useful if personally "updated" versions start spawning because the confusion results in a sort of digital bedlam. Be sure that you've downloaded the latest revision too if you think you've found an error. There may be a more recent revision on the web that has already corrected it.

??? There are NO changes to the turn signal. For the 1999 V11 Sport, the high beam indicator didn't have a connection. Some connection labels on the handlebar connectors were corrected and the ECU/Tach wire color changed. I don't know which schematic you're looking at Dave, but the date for the previous schematic was 20 October 2005.

I was looking at the August 2004 version. The turn signal wires were either non-descript or black.

As far as I know there is no problem reversing those wires as the signals are not grounded.

Ideally the wire going to the shell of the bulb should be the ground wire and the positive to the centered contact on the bulb.

No big deal, just pointing out a possible inconsequential error in the diagram.

turnsigbe5.gif

I was looking at the August 2004 version. The turn signal wires were either non-descript or black.

As far as I know there is no problem reversing those wires as the signals are not grounded.

Ideally the wire going to the shell of the bulb should be the ground wire and the positive to the centered contact on the bulb.

No big deal, just pointing out a possible inconsequential error in the diagram.

turnsigbe5.gif

I don't have any diagrams where the bulb is depicted as anything more than two electrical connections (except for dual filament bulbs and it would be really careless to show one of those incorrectly). No physical orientation or bulb socket is drawn so it's not relevant to the wire colors. You are correct that the ground side should be the shell of the bulb socket if at all possible although in a plastic turn signal housing it doesn't make any electrical difference at all.

I try to get these things as correct as possible, feedback helps. Keep it coming. You should see some of the original stuff I worked from. Wire colors were at best a guess based on previous years etc. For the CAN models such as the Breva 1100, Griso, Norge et al, there are next to no discernable wire colors on the .pdf renditions provided by Moto Guzzi. A lot of guess work means that I'm probably only 40% correct until someone provides a decent scan. Honestly though, I don't think Moto Guzzi wants anyone fiddling with the wiring on the latest models as the computer tie-in to the alarm systems and so forth is so involved. I've been told already that if you purchase a Givi tail trunk for the new models not to purchase the additional rear lighting kit because the CAN system can be confused by the changes. I'm certain that there ways around that but I suppose when I get the Norge and put a tail trunk on it that it will be a plain vanilla job rather than adding wiring.

Carl,

Last time I printed one of your schematics it filled the 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. I can't seem to manipulate this one to do that. Any advice?

Hey, and thanks so much for this effort. I've spilled a lotof single malt on your drawing following little colored lines. :wacko:

Carl,

Last time I printed one of your schematics it filled the 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. I can't seem to manipulate this one to do that. Any advice?

Hey, and thanks so much for this effort. I've spilled a lotof single malt on your drawing following little colored lines. :wacko:

Well, the drawings, almost all of them after the V700 era, are sized to fit a 13x19" super-A4 sheet of paper. That's the smallest I could get good results with at the native 72dpi found on most computer screens. I think that means you have to either change the resolution of the drawing in a graphics program to about 144 or 150 dpi or print it at about 48% to fit it on a standard 8.5x11" sheet of paper (landscape mode). 98% of the planet is running some form of Windows on a PC and I don't have any experience with them at all since I prefer the Mac. I do use Adobe Elements (2.0) frequently for resizing images and if it works anywhere near as well on a PC as it does on a Mac then I can at least recommend it for printing these.

I value the effort put into my drawings, you had better be spilling good quality single malt on them... :bier:

Next year you need to come to the South'n Spine Raid. I'll bring some schematics and a really good single malt and we'll spill on them together.

Well, we ride , too. And we're happy to dismantle bikes in the parking lot. Hoping all the time that part of the schematic is still readable. Just watch out for Bill and the Grappa. Gives me vertical nystagmus. Damn hard to read schematics then , I don't care how good they are. :drink:

Next year you need to come to the South'n Spine Raid. I'll bring some schematics and a really good single malt and we'll spill on them together.

Well, we ride , too. And we're happy to dismantle bikes in the parking lot. Hoping all the time that part of the schematic is still readable. Just watch out for Bill and the Grappa. Gives me vertical nystagmus. Damn hard to read schematics then , I don't care how good they are. :drink:

I should be on a Norge by then. If I catch any of you guys trying to take it apart, I'll erase your wiring! ^_^

Just for giggles, I pulled out two of my OEM signal lights, and I have no idea whether they are front or back, but what may be useful is that one is light blue positive : blue ground, and the other is red/black positive : blue/black ground.

Useless for diagramming unless we know where they go.

Maybe you should keep it the wires reversed to illustrate the absurdity of getting the colors right....of course if someone switches to an LED bulb, they may curse your diagram :D

Also for what is worth the lamp leads are male bullets while the harnass leads are both female.