dim gages

Guest rrbasso

Is the reason for two fuses, in case your low beam blows you can switch to high beam?

Or more likely, if you hit the high beam flasher and blow a fuse I guess you would maintain the low beam :sun:

That's what I was thinking of. If this one fuse goes it'll let you all alone in the dark. Probably this won't happen when you check the lights in the garage but, as it's usually the case when shit happens, in a rainy night in a bad corner.

Hubert

A pair of 15 amp fuse in series would only give you twice as many chances to blow a fuse. Side by side you would have a 30 amp fuse capacity. Whatever would take out one would likely take out both in short order....

Are you kidding or are you writing tounge in cheek? Parallel, seriell, that's nonsense. I was talking of one fuse for one filament, or one for low- and one for high beam.

BTW , If for some reason you happen to pop the headlight fuse, your tail, stop and turn will still function since they are not on the same line....

Great to know! Just take off the red light and you transfer the fuse problem into a problem of direction, forward backward, right or wrong, so to say. That should be easyer to handle as long as one keeps in mind: high beam now means brake.

Hubert

Guest Gary Cheek

Great to know! Just take off the red light and you transfer the fuse problem into a problem of direction, forward backward, right or wrong, so to say. That should be easyer to handle as long as one keeps in mind: high beam now means brake.

Hubert

Of course you could run separate, fused leads forward, You could even run a spare headlight, or you could just use a pair of driving lights on it's own supply as many do. 178787105JbzVnG_th.jpg

You could also install a set of back up relays with a back up switch to bypass the factory wiring, whatever floats your boat. I had no idea what you had in mind with the dual fuses, sorry.

Fuse problem? WHAT fuse problem, I don't have no stinking fuse problem.:huh2: Blown fuses should be exceedingly rare. Like I said before with this system you are far less likely to blow a fuse than with the factory system. If you DO blow a fuse to the headlight , the other lights are not affected. So you don't instantly dissapear to the other drivers on the road.

If you are concerned with the brief momentary load from the high beam flasher you could easily configure the relays to interrupt the low beam when the high beam is flashed.

"Take off the red light??high beam, brake "?? :huh2: WTF???

It's been a gas but I'll have to pass. TTFN.....

Gotta find a better way to waste time.