HID High-low two for the $$ of one.

Guest Gary Cheek

I think I'm gonna save up my money for this JW Speaker setup . Not cheap, but I've heard it's a good piece of kit. Same one Victory uses I guess.

felix, the JW setup is a nice "kit", however it will not fit into the stock headlight "bucket." I had to retro an old school Guzzi bucket to work. Full write up on GuzziTech.com within a week or so.

If anyone purchases the above "H4-Hi/Lo" I'll be curious to hear how that works. Their website is a bit contradictory on it being an actual Hi and Low beam, even though that's what the name states.

I have a garage full of other bikes I'd purchase it for... if it works.

I missed this one earlier

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-9003-Bi-...22123QQtcZphoto

It is a single HID igniter with a retractable shield to convert it from LO to HI.

ONLY $109.99.

It likely has a much better High Beam than the $89.99 kit with HID Low and Halogen High.

The advantage of the $89 kit is that if the low beam fails you MIGHT be able to get home or through a high speed sweeper on the high beam.

But I hate that they tinted the halogen bulb blue.

I am a firm believer that Lower K numbers are better.

But I would not want to go too yellow either as people might not recognize you as a moving vehicle.

3500 to 5000K is probably fine.

I would pick the 5000K over the higher, blue and purple bulbs.

5000K is supposed to be the color of daylight, but it appears blue compared to standard halogen.

Old Geezers will remember how bright and irritating halogen were when they first came out compared to the seemingly yellow incandescent, but the halogen sure caught on :bier:

The HID are catching on too.

My problem with the HID is that they have a tendency to blind oncoming drivers, especially on cornering or accellerating motorcycles, and you may find yourself getting ticketed in the USA for having aftermarket HID.

But the energy saving 35Watts opens doors for heated grips or auxillary driving lights that can help our view of the road without blinding drivers.

But I know if I get the HID I would have to lower the aim of the headlight and then I may be worse off, especially at higher speeds :huh2:

...the energy saving 35Watts opens doors for heated grips or auxillary driving lights that can help our view of the road without blinding drivers.

I have been trying to research if it really does only use 35Watts.

The only evidence I found was from the ever so credible eBay advertisers.

Apparently the bulb uses 35Watts, but the ballast may use more additional power. One sight said 10A!!!!!

Another said 15Watts, so a total of 50W, which is only 5Watts saved from low beam.

WTF :huh2: