Removing tank protector

NorBSATriGuzzi

MG4.jpgThe guy that owned my bike last put a hideous puffy plastic tank protector (to keep belt buckes from scratching) on the tank...as well as some puffy dots on the sides of the tank. Ny recommendations for removal? Heat them up to soften the glue? Chemicals that won't hurt the paint?

Thanks

Guest ratchethack

NBTG, I successfully removed BMW R-100 knee protector pads from my tank with a heat gun, which allowed me to carefully peel them off once the adhesive had softened. I would be very leery of using any kind of chemicals on the paint. :sun:

heat it up peel it off, then use ronson 226357_front100.jpg, that disolves the glues instantly and doesn't damage the paint(unless you maybe have the matte finish then I dunno) I learned this from a car dealership, I asked how to remove those stupid plaques they put on the back and look stupid. :bier:

Guest Mattress

post-3304-1165025185_thumb.jpgThe guy that owned my bike last put a hideous puffy plastic tank protector (to keep belt buckes from scratching) on the tank...as well as some puffy dots on the sides of the tank. Ny recommendations for removal? Heat them up to soften the glue? Chemicals that won't hurt the paint?

Thanks

Vomit helps. It is actually acidic. :drink::vomit:

I call it miracle juice. :oldgit:

MG4.jpgThe guy that owned my bike last put a hideous puffy plastic tank protector (to keep belt buckes from scratching) on the tank...as well as some puffy dots on the sides of the tank. Ny recommendations for removal? Heat them up to soften the glue? Chemicals that won't hurt the paint?

Thanks

I had just the same protector on my bike(hehe I put it myself) , yes heat it up a bit and it will do away, this one didn't have any serious glue so heat it up a bit and will go away effortlessly.

Now I have the nicer direct from Guzzi in carbon.

I had just the same protector on my bike(hehe I put it myself) , yes heat it up a bit and it will do away, this one didn't have any serious glue so heat it up a bit and will go away effortlessly.

Now I have the nicer direct from Guzzi in carbon.

N o offense intended...it's not that the protector is bad so much as how it looks on my black bike...way to much of a contrast. And the red dots on the sides of the tank don't suit me either. I may go with a carbon one as well....to match my fairing :bier: