subtle speed secrets

kaput

Guest ratchethack

Hey Kaput -- One time, when I was a lot younger and even more foolish than I am today, :blush: I drove across the Alligator Highway westbound out of Lauderdale on an all night run to the Keys with a bunch o' knuckleheads on Spring Break. The Everglades were on fire at the time, and bein' Yankees, we didn't expect this. At about 3:00 AM, it looked like the sun had landed in the swamp, with half the sky lit up in bright orange/red from the light of the fires against a high ceiling of smoke. It was the most eerie and other-worldly thing I've ever seen. Must've been hundreds of square miles on fire -- but nowhere for the fire to go. :huh2:

But I reckon it's no big thing to the locals. :huh2:

Hey Kaput -- One time, when I was a lot younger and even more foolish than I am today, :blush: I drove across the Alligator Highway westbound out of Lauderdale on an all night run to the Keys with a bunch o' knuckleheads on Spring Break. The Everglades were on fire at the time, and bein' Yankees, we didn't expect this. At about 3:00 AM, it looked like the sun had landed in the swamp, with half the sky lit up in bright orange/red from the light of the fires against a high ceiling of smoke. It was the most eerie and other-worldly thing I've ever seen. Must've been hundreds of square miles on fire -- but nowhere for the fire to go. :huh2:

But I reckon it's no big thing to the locals. :huh2:

Yumi roasted alligator. Seriously, sounds like an eery and entirely scary experience, the kind that makes you marvel at how beautifully horrible mother nature can be. Alligator Alley is amazing enough at night even without those kind of fireworks so I can only imagine the scene. Sounds like it's time though to do it again for old time's sake Ratchet :bike: - for some even greater thrills I would recommend hurricane time as we've just been through a bust season that is sure to change next year with a nice bang.

Kaput