Carl gets his Norge

jrt

Utter nonsense. The Griso [at least; still haven't seen a pic of the Breva frame] is a Quotard, as in derivative of the semi-perimeter frame from the Quota 1100es. You could also call it a "Dr. John" frame, since it was his design. The spine frame he lifted from Tony Foale, so it would be correct to call all the Quotards "Dr. Johns..." a la' the way "Tontis" are used for the LM1-V models (& others.)

:)

:mg:

If nobody has come up with a popular name for the new models, then it's hardly "utter nonsense". Big Breva is about the most common thing I've heard, but that is not descriptive of the frame and doesn't fit the Griso at all.

img_5218.jpg

Second from the right is the Breva 1100, far right in screaming yellow is the Griso. What do YOU think they ought to be called?

If nobody has come up with a popular name for the new models, then it's hardly "utter nonsense". (snip) What do YOU think they ought to be called?

The question wasn't whether there was "a popular name for them" yet, but whether there was a good appellation.

What do I think they ought to be called? I already told you: Quotards, since they're both derivative of the Quota's semi-perimeter [or double-backbone, however you want to term it] frame.

Option B: Dr. Johns, Jonnies, Junos [they're Italian, after all: Juno was the Roman name of Hera, mother of the gods, and since these bikes are responsible for a literal rebirth of the Guzzi brand, it would seem appropriate... ;)] - whatever you want, really. But I'll continue calling'em Quotards, since that what they are, just as the Bassa/Stone/Cali/metals are Tontis & my V11 is a spiney (or Foale, if you want to be persnickety about it.) :D

Ride on!

:bike:

The question wasn't whether there was "a popular name for them" yet, but whether there was a good appellation.

What do I think they ought to be called? I already told you: Quotards, since they're both derivative of the Quota's semi-perimeter [or double-backbone, however you want to term it] frame.

Option B: Dr. Johns, Jonnies, Junos [they're Italian, after all: Juno was the Roman name of Hera, mother of the gods, and since these bikes are responsible for a literal rebirth of the Guzzi brand, it would seem appropriate... ;)] - whatever you want, really. But I'll continue calling'em Quotards, since that what they are, just as the Bassa/Stone/Cali/metals are Tontis & my V11 is a spiney (or Foale, if you want to be persnickety about it.) :D

Ride on!

:bike:

Quotards is a reasonable description based on lineage, but what gets to be the apellation will be whatever eventually becomes popular. I would have thought that something would have developed by now, but nothing really has.

If nobody has come up with a popular name for the new models, then it's hardly "utter nonsense". Big Breva is about the most common thing I've heard, but that is not descriptive of the frame and doesn't fit the Griso at all.

img_5218.jpg

Second from the right is the Breva 1100, far right in screaming yellow is the Griso. What do YOU think they ought to be called?

Not to change the subject, but what frame is the green/blue one pictured. It looks like a Ducati aka Paul Smart frame. But, thats just me. Just curious..

Congrats on the bike Carl. It might be nice enough here tomorrow for me to ride mine to work.

I stopped by the painter tonight and seen my parts for my Eddie Lawson R1. They looked fantastic. I'll probably spend my Christmas Vacation putting the ELR back together.

Richard Z.

What a kind of camuflage shirt are you wearing there?

Are you member of one of this weird club or something?

Do you wear this shirt for money or is it just you.

I have so many question about this, this, ....this shirt I do not know how can I wrote all these questions?

Oh dear, I am confused :huh:

Antonio . . . you need to get out of the house more. :helmet:

I think of these models as a 'perimeter frame' which, although it's used for other bikes, also describes this one.

but what frame is the green/blue one pictured

Maybe that's for the 940 custom?

Just pay a visit to Hawaii, those shirts are everywhere over there.

Jee, I thought hawaai always have had coconuts, half naked girly and a lot of sharks, but never this bobo's shirt.

You guys are right, I have to come visit hawaai.

Can I take the tram to get there? Which line? The hell with the tram I will go with Guss.