Light Flywheel and double plate

Guest Mr Eko

here's my xmas gift :xmas:

:bier:

dscf4377mlp2.jpg

made by Scola :notworthy: and comes with twin plate clutch for my own V11 Scura. Some says its lighter than stock ergal flywheel with single plate clutch. I'll check it soon

here's my xmas gift :xmas:

:bier:

made by Scola :notworthy: and comes with twin plate clutch for my own V11 Scura. Some says its lighter than stock ergal flywheel with single plate clutch. I'll check it soon

How much did this cost? What's the material that's made from ?

The wheel itself looks like a very heavily machined example of one of the common 'Ergal' wheels offered by numerous purveyors. I don't know who actually makes 'em.

Does this unit use ten springs? Looking at it it looks as if there are drillings beneath the spring seats in the wheel and there are ten holes but the ring gear is held to the wheel by the *older* eight x 8mm bolts rather than the ten x 6mm ones used on the later ten spring unit's ring gear.

I've used alloy flywheels for years and weirdly they actually seem to be LESS prone to spline damage than the steel ones! Go figure! I dunno what the coating/anodising process is but it's tough as buggery! If the supplier hasn't told you so make sure that when you mount it you install flat washers beneath the bolt heads as well as lockwashers with the flat washers against the alloy wheel. The only failures of these wheels I've heard of have been due to cracking around these holes and the most popular theory for the failure is due to the surface of the wheel being damaged at these points by the fasteners 'digging in' to the alloy through the hard surface.

My own feeling is that relieving the alloy wheel itself to such a degree will tend to weaken it for very little gain. The ring gear is another matter. Getting as much weight off that as you can will pay big dividends.

Pete

scola made that :luigi:

it's steel :mg:

it's from a stock v11 double plate flywheel ^_^

don't remember how many springs (will check soon) :unsure:

can't tell the price, it's a gift :P

www.scolabruno dot com is the old scola's workshop. He dont work there, only the name remains. :not:

the real scola place is

www.scolaracing.com :notworthy:

and with the next year there will be some more breaking news.... :drink:

I really like the web page for Scola :thumbsup: That engine kit looks like it certainly is the business! Unfortunately there isnt any pricing or performance information available on the site :bbblll: I have to believe these guys know we're here & we buy Guzzi stuff :huh: They should advertise their goodies on this site like RossoPuro does, not to mention Mistral, TLM, & MPH, (which I just did!).