leaking injector

dangerous

04 V11, the throttle body on the right side, underneath is a spring and shaft.. well its gone all bronzie looking which tells me its been leaking for a while, however now theres fuel drops on it and its stained the casings were it drips off to.

So, whats this mean? is there a seal in there that lets go or is something rooted?

I complained of this when the Sport was new asking, "Isn't there an o-ring that can be replaced?"

Guzzzi's warranty fix was to replace the entire rack: throttle bodies, linkage , injectors and TPS. The frame had to crabbed slightly as the rack won't slide out under the spine. :luigi::luigi:

The new one drips less. But still will drip. :bbblll:

To the dealer's credit (in addition to the big warranty effort) he told me not to turn the key on and off cycling the fuel pump or make brief starts like I would do to let someone listen to the Mistral's burble. I thought it was BS ( I just wanted the new o-ring) but this turns out to be quite good advice. Briefly pressurizing the system appears to aggravate the weeping.

I understand they all do this to some degree. I notice on my Ballabio that when I'm just putting commuter miles on it...only 12 miles each way, not enough to really get the engine truly hot...the right side one will weep enough fuel to drip down onto the transmission casing. If I get it out onto a real ride then it won't do it. I also clean it from the outside every now and again with metal parts cleaner just to keep the works from getting all gummed up. Never caused any problems...more of that character thing I guess. :mg: