An everyday story

Guest Nogbad

Thanks Jim! I've thought about heading out to the 'Whack and just leaving the bike with them. Part of the reason this is all taking so long is my learning curve, this being my first bike made after 1980!

I want to do the sorting myself and learn the bike inside out. If I get it close I may take it out there... Should head out for the coffee anyway - haven't seen you in a looong time now.

cheers,

Rj

Guest Nogbad

:bbblll: Stuff it Nog! Between what Guzzi buggered, what my dealer buggered and what I've buggered, reliability may never again be used in the same sentence as my bike.

Rj

Sorry to hear that. Maybe I am just lucky, or very gentle on my bikes. I had a Norton sort of jointly owned with a friend, he blew it up, I rebuilt it and rode it in all weathers commuting to work for a year no problem. Gave it him back, and it was blown within a month or two.

He's after my V11..........

I got my V11 from a not renowned for good service dealer, but once sorted tune wise by those good folk at Max Moto, and with my investment in a set of vacuum sticks to keep the TBs in balance, it has been my most reliable bike to date.

I'd strongly advise against using an FM oil in any air cooled engine. The FM's are a major contributor to bore glazing in air cooled donks, I have no idea why but as I said, I'd advise against 'em in our bikes.

Pete

Okay, here's why: LN Engineering - Oil - updated 12.13.2006

Happy reading guys.