Mounting Tekno saddlebags

mjdoliveira

Just purchased a set of Tekno bags but without the mounting instructions. It initially appeared to be a pretty straightforward process until I looked at all of the various nuts and bolts that came with it. Before I do something that I will regret, does anyone have instructions/pictures that can assist me? I found a post from 2002 on this, but unfortunately the image does not appear to still be there.

Thanks for your help.

Mine also came without instructions, and I ended up not using the long spacer which mounts to the upper part of the footpeg bracket. It seemed to work fine and kept the bags in a little closer to the bike.

Guest Gary Cheek

I'm with wassp. I did use the spacers but I shortenend them considerably. Tucks them in quite a bit closer. I also cut mine apart and re-welded them. One tab broke off at installation and the weld looked like frozen fish poop piled on a poorly fitted joint. NO penetration. The others were just as bad. I broke them off one at a time , beveled and re-fitted the joints and welded them properly.

Since then I have fixed up brackets for two others. Makes me glad they don't make airplane parts!

Yes, I found the spacer is good cut in half. And the lower bracket mounted to the inside of the peg bracket rather than the outside.

Like so many things Italian, instructions seem rather effette. Er, or, is that a French word? :o

I continue to dream of a mounting rack to bring the panniers forward and down.

Guest Gary Cheek

Stay tuned. I am fabricating a set for my old Scura that do just that. My buddy, Mike now owns the bike and we bought a pair of bags, sans bracketry on Ebay. Surveying the situation the consensus was to move the bags down and forward. We are probably going to use 304 stainless.

Stay tuned. I am fabricating a set for my old Scura that do just that. My buddy, Mike now owns the bike and we bought a pair of bags, sans bracketry on Ebay. Surveying the situation the consensus was to move the bags down and forward. We are probably going to use 304 stainless.

A copy of my drawing linking the mount to a plate behind the subframe-peg hanger bracket and pinned to the passenger peg mount is here in 24/7.

Since then, I've thought the bracket would be more stable attached to the mounting plate with plates instead of bar stock.

Yeah, I was looking that over the other day also, Docc. I was thinking that the bar stock would be a bit weak without some triangulation. Let's see what Gary comes up with- he has a good eye for design. All my tools are in boxes right now anyhow, so I can't do any work on it.