Todd Eagan (Racer X) Rides "The Fridge"

Guest ratchethack

Guest ratchethack

Nicely done, I must say. Too bad about the fly. The fly's just gotta go. Where's the editorial staff? :huh2::lol:

When you think it's done, keep watching. It "resumes". I thought the James Gang f'er the last road segment was a nice touch -- straight back to 1970, f'er those of us who were around back then. . . But then, there's y'er target market, eh, Guzzi? :oldgit:;):whistle:

http://beta.guzzitech.com/index.php?option...mp;g2_itemId=90

Guest ratchethack

nice one. thanx for the link. pretty comprehensive test.

Did I hear the side stand scratch on the road a few times or was that just my imagination ? ;)

You heard right, Jihem. It was the center-stand, per Todd's comments. In the 2-up road segment, he couldn't keep it off the tarmac. He said in the video that it'd be the first thing he removed, because it substantially limits clearance and touches down hard enough to've changed his line in the twisty bits. But for a little perspective here, keep in mind this is a guy who's pegs on his own hot rod Jackal are ground down to nubs. . . . :race:

You heard right, Jihem. It was the center-stand, per Todd's comments. In the 2-up road segment, he couldn't keep it off the tarmac. He said in the video that it'd be the first thing he removed, because it substantially limits clearance and touches down hard enough to've changed his line in the twisty bits. But for a little perspective here, keep in mind this is a guy who's pegs on his own hot rod Jackal are ground down to nubs. . . . :race:

I am hardly in Todd's league as a rider, but everything I heard him say corresponds well with my own impressions.

I have over 1700 miles on my Norge. Picked it up last week from MPH in Houston (a shop I cannot say enough good about, btw). Rode it 500 miles or so two-up in the Texas Hill Country, then returned it for first service. Then took two days to ride it backto Atlanta. Went back roads, so a 850 miler became 1150! I did a pic report -- http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=9wgryy...=0&y=vpylx7 -- and have been trying to find time to do a ride report focusing on my impressions. Now, after seeing Todd's vid (albeit in a jarring, not complete way; my dsl must need vitamins), why bother?

I have dragged both sides on the centerstand. This happened both two up and solo. The former riding was in the challenging hills and twists, so (epecially given my rather embarrassing swim weight :food: , may not be worrisome. But did same solo in much less spirited riding on the generally straight (darn it) roads on return.

As I have a lift, not sure why I need a centerstand, tho I'll not take it off right away. Peter at Agostini's tells me that Euro versions--which, of course, can mean the occasional US one!--that have bags, as all US models do, have a smaller (1/2 inch) centerstand rubber stop than do the unbagged ones (1 in.) cuz the pipes are higher on the latter. Checked mine and it looks as if (darn it again) I have the right size, but did notice that my stop had come loose and thus would not have helped the centerstand-clearance issue.

Aside from that, laughed when I heard the "looking for 7th" comment as that what I did the whole way back. Surprised at that, too. I rarely ride interstates, but presume part of Norge market wants to. For me 6th pulled mighty fine but for slab folks may be way too low.

Anyway, love the Norge. Have Ballabio on the market (and getting phishing crap from these classifieds) but my heart's not in it. May sell the EV, tho, too, as the Norge is a mighty fine replacement for both and room is a premium in the GarageMahalo.

Nicely done, I must say. Too bad about the fly. The fly's just gotta go. Where's the editorial staff? :huh2::lol:

Heh, thanks I guess ratch... but I really wish that those that stole it would've clearly read my post; http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/mggriso-about796.html -- where it CLEARLY stated these two things, "PLEASE do not post this link, or the ones below anywhere else on the net just yet... --AND-- *Rough draft* Video Test Ride with yours truly" -- which clearly states it's a rough draft. It was supposed to be a teaser for many things still to come for the MG-Griso.com webboard folks only. ;)

Yes the bug is, well, buggy. Working on the edit in another week or so.

More soon though.

I wish there was a RacerX jackal like the clarkie tuono. I'd want one fer shuoer :notworthy:

now if he wedged a 4v'er in there whoa :bier:

I like the norge and all but not what I'm into and to avoid getting a beating with wet noodles I think BMW still does it better but it is guzzi's first real attempt. The norge being a first atempt I'd give it very high marks

Guest ratchethack

Heh, thanks I guess ratch... but I really wish that those that stole it would've clearly read my post; http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/mggriso-about796.html -- where it CLEARLY stated these two things, "PLEASE do not post this link, or the ones below anywhere else on the net just yet... --AND-- *Rough draft* Video Test Ride with yours truly" -- which clearly states it's a rough draft. It was supposed to be a teaser for many things still to come for the MG-Griso.com webboard folks only. ;)

Yes the bug is, well, buggy. Working on the edit in another week or so.

More soon though.

My sincere apologies for any infraction, Todd -- perceived or otherwise. But I didn't get it from the MG-Griso Forum. I ran into it on WG, where it looked like any other open source link, and o'course, it was sans your request to keep it "proprietary" where I found it. I'm sure you understand, but there's many a leaper to conclusions a-skulking about these woods! I'd no reason to imagine it'd been "ripped off"!! As Rumpole of the Old Bailey would've said, "Heaven forfend!" In any case, I reckon there's no stuffin' this genie back in the bottle. You gotta know that once you post something like this, my friend -- even with such a request, there's no keepin' it under wraps. ;)

Like I said, except f'er the fly, I thought it was nicely done. I sincerely hope no harm was done in the commission of this crime! -_-:whistle:

As penance, I commit to sell at least 2 more sets of Wilbers progressive fork springs and one shock this year.

NOTE to the aforementioned leapers to conclusions: IT'S A JOKE, Clyde. ;)

I ain't no paid shill f'er the massive and all-powerful International Eagan/Wilbers Industrial lobby! :lol:

Video editing...

yo. Adobe, Finalcut, Avid,transitions,titles,FX,Pinnacle, drivers, time line,droped frames ...

Self induced stress...kinda like golf.

Doin' a good job so far Todd. Keep up the good work.

It'a all content, content content.

My sincere apologies for any infraction, Todd -- perceived or otherwise.

No worries... I was guessing that is where you grabbed it from. No harm, no foul for now. ;)

It seemed to be a good bandwidth test any way. I'll post on GuzziTech.com, MG-Griso.com and SoCal-Guzzi.com when it's officially released... which would be nice to see you drop in on the latter on occasion.

Talk again soon.

I wish there was a RacerX jackal like the clarkie tuono. I'd want one fer shuoer. now if he wedged a 4v'er in there whoa

So I've raised this question before, but I'm proceeding on this (conceptually and more -- think AMG Mercedes). What might *you* (reading this) pay for a Hotted-up modern Guzzi (say 8V Griso)... one of a supercharged variety with strong three digit power output, and all of the cool bells and whistles (carbon bits, and magnesium wheels, etc.).

Since I am very partial to Tontis, I'd consider doing this on a couple for sale used, so what would be a price that you would jump at, being very reasonable of course... Comments/thoughts?

So I've raised this question before, but I'm proceeding on this (conceptually and more -- think AMG Mercedes). What what *you* (reading this) pay for a Hotted-up modern Guzzi (say 8V Griso)... one of a supercharged variety with strong three digit power output, and all of the cool bells and whistles (carbon bits, and magnesium wheels, etc.).

Since I am very partial to Tontis, I'd consider doing this on a couple for sale used, and what would be a price that you would jump at, being very reasonable of course... Comments/thoughts?

I think there would be interest. Light weight and sharp handling would be at least as important as triple digit horsepower. Hard to set a price, it would have to be commensurate with the components used and the form / function of the finished product. If you are going to build a high end product ala Bimota or Ghezzi-Brian, those customers (albeit smaller numbers of them) care more about quality and exclusivity than price. Look at Kenny Dreer, maybe he should of stayed small but the high asking price per unit was not his demise.

Figure your costs, figure a fair profit and set a price. :2c: