Brussels Salon

jihem

i went to the Brussels Motorbike show and was hugely disappointed as the new models were few and far between...

There was a small Guzzi area, with 6 or 7 bikes: Norge, 2 x Sport, a couple of Griso (yes, she looks very good in orange), a Breva and a Vintage.

But no 8 valves altho it was said to me the Griso 8V will come out later this spring and no MGS01 on the stand altho you can buy one if you want. But no plans for an MGS02 altho it seems itoopid the factory won't make a sportier bike than usual if they got the engine for it...What's interesting: the MGS01 isn't mention in the brand new, and quite luxurious, MG booklet. On the contrary, the emphasis is on the Norge more than anything else. While the motto on the cover is "Una Storia Importante", the word "racing" isn't mentionned once in the book ...Seems like the Piaggio guys have make up their mind about how they want to present Mandello...

Except that, the 1098 is splendid and is very small indeed, the Triumph 675 is a gorgeous bike, the Voxan Black Magic just does that to me, the HD XR 1200 looks good. Most of the other bikes are just plain boring to me, with the exception of the ZX6R

VoxanBlackMagic-4639-001-f.jpg

The coreans and the chinese are coming up stronger every year, and they are learning a bit more every year. They are now fine with the small capacity bikes, they start now with the medium size ones and ne day soon, they'll unveil a multi 1000 cc for a mere 5.000 €uros and everybody will suddenly wake up...

oh, the Cagiva 500 Mono will be out on the streets from June. Now, that's a sexy proposal...

No MGS-01 after probally a year of procrastinating I bit the bullet and ordered what I believe to be the last one from the factory athough they may be contiuned to be made to order. :D SSHHH be very very quiet the local Ducati shop has invited me to thier 1098 launch which may include a twist of the throttle on the road.

My local dealer ordered 2 after the Milan show and was told by the factory there were none left.

Then he got a call saying they had made 2 more- although the frame numbers date from before the show- I think he said they were 86 and 87.

He was told the factory will build more- but will wait for at least 10 orders first.

the Voxan Black Magic just does that to me

VoxanBlackMagic-4639-001-f.jpg

The fuel tank detailing was messy on the one I saw, but apart from that, yes please! I French bloke I know now has six Voxans and counting. I've heard nothing more about reliability and dealer issues, but I'm still wary on that score.